Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Unity Asset Store Publications: Package too simple

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by farooqiasfandyar, Aug 26, 2022.

1. farooqiasfandyar

farooqiasfandyar

Hi There,
    I wanted to know why Unity just declined by Asset Bundle for the Asset Store?

it contains SKELETAL ANIMATIONS, BEHAVIORAL SCRIPTS, and A CHARACTER EDITOR.

let me know where I lack, Thanks!

Here are the details of my asset bundle

1200.png

Attached Files:

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Hmmm you can change a couple 2D images, and skeletal animation setup is trivial to begin with in 2D. Have you checked how many assets there are that would be - in some way - competing with yours and how much THEY provide?

Usually when an asset like this is rejected for being "too simple", it's because the market for that kind of asset is oversaturated and has significantly better assets available already.

For instance, I found this one that's similar to yours and has a lot of content:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/characters/animated-2d-monsters-fantazia-174782

It's also questionable what game these character could be used for, I mean you got skeleton and zombie but what is that red guy, alien? Imp? So, fantasy game, I guess? With just those three base characters?

Consider a customer's needs, would anyone throw your assets in their game and combine them (for example) with the monsters from the asset I linked? For an artist looking to sell assets, that's probably the most important question to answer: is my artwork easily combinable with other art available to those customers? Does it blend in well with similar styles? Is there a need for this kind of art, ie does it fill an untapped niche?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    farooqiasfandyar likes this.