Search Unity

unity asset store payment problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrZzzero, Apr 27, 2021.

1. MrZzzero

MrZzzero

when i click pay button to buy an asset its opens a white page that stops loading "cardinalcommerce" , why ?

2. - All store and money-related questions should be addressed to the support, not a community discussion topic
    - With that said, I have tips, turn off: VPN, Firewall (if you have 3rd-party), and AD-block (if you have any). Also try to use common browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and update them often.

Socrates, MrZzzero and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. MrZzzero

MrZzzero

thanks , i dont have this things , ill ask there

4. Recon03

Recon03

The asset store for payments has gotten worse over the years, it will reject good credit cards a lot as well..... some are browser issues, so be sure to clear them but, I noticed Unity loves to reject good credit cards.... it could be related to there payment services not liking some CC's... but I have been here since the asset store started and its gotten worse with so many issues..... Importing also fails a lot .....

Unity needs to consider reworking a better , new system....

5. xjjon

xjjon

If possible you could use paypal to avoid that credit card check as it seems to approve anything through paypal.

6. MrZzzero

MrZzzero

guess what i think they took all my money without giving me any assets , i tried paypal too

7. stain2319

stain2319

Recently I've gotten a few "payment failed" messages but then it turned out the payment actually didn't fail and the asset was added to my library. It's definitely been acting up more recently.

8. Recon03

Recon03

we shouldn't be forced to use PP.... Unity has been around, for years....... no excuse, if my little company can handle payment issues, Unity that has millions can...

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Rejecting cards often is due to the card issuer declining the charge, due to it being an unusual or international purchase. In that case you'd need to contact your own bank and basically white list purchases through Unity, as there's nothing Unity themselves can do.

Using PayPal just makes that issue go way, because your bank sees it as you purchasing from PayPal again instead of from some random internet company you don't have a history with on that card.

Socrates likes this.
  10. Recon03

Recon03

actually its not, I been using Unity for over 15 years and since the asset store existed... .The CC is a non issue. Typically, Unity has had issues sometimes, with a CC not processing, on there end. For example, I can take 4 CC and they reject them all for different reasons.

Unity I believe is out of country to me, and I never used to get rejected years ago, but noticed not just myself but many others, do as well, I had worked with a lot of asset devs and hear this a lot on Discord as well, CC getting rejected.

Its not a bank issue, I can use else where with no issues. and I use a lot in business for game development and non. ( I have 4 of them) This last month was the worst for rejecting . I was able to get one in again when I tried the next day. This has happen to myself and others a good amount. I reported to Unity before and they stated, this is somethings an issue with there payment system. I finally got it to work and normally do, but it tends to take a day or so. Then I reapply and its good to go . Same CC. and I call the bank and they don't even see the charge being attempted...

I built plenty of payment systems before, and used Unity long enough to know its time for the to get working, and update it.... There importing for assets is broke to, and has been since it existed..... a lot of known issues with it, and sometimes fun to go around and around with it and helping other users with ......

if it was a bank issue they would of seen the rejection or the process, started, they don't all 4 companies...are broke, or an issue? I don't think so... I just got used to Unity broken crap over the years and just deal with it.. .

11. ptzellos

ptzellos

Be aware of this!
    Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank.
    After you have made your transaction, UNITY gives you this:
    DON'T TRY AGAIN TO PROCEED THE SAME TRANSACTION.
    Unity has already charged you!!!
    It happened with us.
    10 times charged our credit card and after we run to inform our bank about canceling the 9 of the 10 transactions
    WASTE of time. The worst store i have ever seen in my life for such a great platform

grelfco likes this.