Search Unity

Unity asset store invoice for payouts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LerLur, Feb 26, 2017.

1. LerLur

LerLur

Can anybody share official Unity3d company details that should be put on the invoice for asset store payouts?

2. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

Invoice for what, unity sends you the monthly payout data by email, and will deposit the money for you by wire or paypal.
    You dont have to invoice unity for money owed.

3. LerLur

LerLur

If you are legally reporting this income there should be a proper invoice included for every transaction.
    Normally in such cases a reverse invoice is issued.

4. Tzan

Tzan

I just get an email from Unity's account on Paypal.
    You dont need to do anything.

5. Rombie

Rombie

As Tzan said, the PayPal email sent from Unity for payouts are to be used for tax purposes. Just handle it as a once a month invoice; you don't need an invoice for every product sold.

6. LerLur

LerLur

Yes, that what I was sure is enough. Though my accountant says just transaction alone is not enough.
    Maybe it's just weird rules in Europe.
    For example, some other "Resellers" are making reverse invoices in such cases.

7. Rombie

Rombie

Yeah that's odd. It should be enough. Technically only one transaction is taking place. You aren't paid per purchase. You accrue a total balance and at the end of the month it then results with one final payout. As if you are paid for a service you provided to Unity.
    Therefore you only need one invoice. If the money was instantaneous then that would be different.

Kiwasi likes this.
  8. LerLur

LerLur

Exactly. I need to declare just one invoice per month for the payout. But it should have Unity's company legal info along with their VAT number. Since the Unity doesn't create such reverse invoice for vendors I have to make it myself but again I need the company details.
    I think not a single EU accountant will take just a PayPal transaction for reporting.

Amon likes this.
  9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

This is mainly a community site. None of us can really talk for the business side of Unity. Consider emailing support or the asset store? You could also get in touch with your local Unity rep.

Rombie likes this.
  10. LerLur

LerLur

Emailed weeks ago. Getting bounced between numerous emails without an exact answer.

11. 8volution

8volution

Hi LerLur,
    I have the exact same problem as you. Did you ever get a response from Unity about this issue?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  12. grandgamestudio1

grandgamestudio1

hey Brother . i am really new to this Unity payment Method. So can you please guide me how can i get paid

13. forestrf

forestrf

Same problem here. Did you get a response?

14. Ryiah

Ryiah

They haven't logged on in more than a year. This is a three year old thread after all.

15. gilley033

gilley033

Unity now generates a Self-Bill that I assume would fulfill the requirements of the OP (I know, this thread is old, but in case anyone is still wondering about this).

16. forestrf

forestrf

I just contacted Unity too. Self billing is ok and it works, but I still need to send an invoice with my own invoice number to Unity to follow the law (in this case, spanish law). When I get an answer I will edit this post.
    Thank you for answering so quickly even though this was an old thread.

17. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Are you sure you need to send the invoice? Checked a bunch of sites for Eurpoean processes for dealing with Google Play and they seem to suggest you can just raise one in your accounting system addressed to Google (or in this case Unity).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  18. CityGen3D

CityGen3D

Under instruction from my accountant to satisfy UK regulation, I have to do the following:

* Create a monthly invoice for the gross amount and have this has income. The invoice Unity send you is inadequate because it only details the net payment.
    * Create a separate payment on your books for Unity's commission and show this as an expense.
    * The invoice you get from Unity will have payment origin address on it. In my case payment is issued with Unity's Denmark address (I assume it is for everyone in Europe), so all sales are deemed to be EU sales, which have different reporting regulations.

For what it's worth I queried the necessity of this several times given the fact that we never receive the gross amount and the commission is deducted before it reaches us, but was assured repeatedly that this is the correct way to do it, at least in the UK.

CodeSmile likes this.