Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Asset Store API?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OGsoundFX, May 13, 2020.

1. OGsoundFX

OGsoundFX

Hello,
    I am quite new to programming, and one of the first website I would like to create is a search engine for sound effects.
    The idea is that the user enters a key word in the search bar like "guns" or "gun" sounds and my app would return the first 5 or 10 best gun sound packs from various platforms like Unity Asset Store, Unreal Market Place, and a bunch of other reliable platforms. There would also be additional search criteria like price and so on, and a nice user interface, but this is not related to my question here.

I guess I can go about it in 2 different ways. Scraping or using API's provided by the platforms. I have looked but didn't find any for the Unity Asset Store, is there one?

I am pretty new to all this, so please don't be mad at me if this question looks amateurish, or if it's completely inappropriate.
    Thanks!

ps. I am originally a composer and sound designer, and I sell my SFX packs in the asset store. No self promo, just saying that I am myself a contributor on this platform.

unityunity