Search Unity

1. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

[Unity Asset] Mobile VR Interaction Pack

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Selzier, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Selzier

Selzier

This pack contains a Gaze Input Module that works with Unity’s Event System with custom options such as Interaction Distance, Show Outline, and Click via Gaze. Additionally, the pack allows the player to interaction with worldspace UI elements based on the camera’s distance to the UI.

The demo scene shows how to:
    - Interact with UI elements
    - Use an outline on objects
    - Play animations
    - Move physics object
    - Show text descriptions over items
    - Move the player
    - Prevent movement when looking at interactive objects.
    - Includes 2 dot ‘reticles’: The first is from GoogleVR, a dot which expands into a ring. The 2nd reticle is a customized version that is not shown (invisible) unless the player is looking at an interactive object, at which point it expands into a dot.

Asset Store Link:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/82023

huarache likes this.
  2. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Hi!!! Its seems great!! Is it possible to use with the new gear vr controller? Thanks!

3. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Hi @Archviz3d I believe the answer currently is no but hopefully @Selzier can chime in (he's the author). This is a great pack and is well worth it even without controller support especially for the outline shader (wish this was sold separately as well) and other material stuff. It has a lot of good gaze controls as well (for the HMD). Perhaps motion controllers (daydream or gear vr) will be added later. I haven't seen assets other that mine (which I believe you already have) support the motion controller yet but I'm sure more will be out soon. On any product if you find you want additions, don't hesitate to contact the author.

Selzier and Archviz3d like this.
  4. Selzier

Selzier

We've been busy with Mobile VR Inventory Pack, but we will be getting our new GearVR and Controller later this month and begin updating all our packs to make sure it's compatible. Thanks! : )

Archviz3d likes this.
  5. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Thank you guys for all the info @greggtwep16 @Selzier!!!

Very cool the material changer also! I have just one suggestion to make it perfect! For what ive saw on the script "Interactable" you have to put the gameobject that has the material you want to change on the slot "object to modify" .

What happens is that many times you have for example 20 objects that are walls and all have the same material lets say "wallmaterial", and you want to change the material "wallmaterial" for another completly different!

Or you make and array of "object to modify" and have to put the 20 objects on the slots, or what could be really cool is that instead of putting on the slot the gameobject you want to change the material, is that you could also put the material you want to change! So it could look automatically on the scene all the objects that have the material "wallmaterial" and change it.

When you have big scenes i think it would be easier to tell which material you want to change, than to tell all the gameobjects you want to change the material. This happens a lot in archviz!

Heres some little scene im making to test the potentiality of unity in VR in archviz both in Vive and GearVR (most assets from archvizpro)! Beeing able to change the material by putting the material i want to change and not all the gameobject that have that material would help a lot :))))

Cheers

upload_2017-5-26_23-31-3.png upload_2017-5-26_23-35-19.png upload_2017-5-26_23-36-39.png

Selzier likes this.
unityunity