Search Unity

Unity Asset Extactor/Viewer

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by monkeypirate, Oct 18, 2021.

1. monkeypirate

monkeypirate

Hi,

I've recently started playing around with Unity and wanted to create an assets library but couldn't find a tool that would let me extract the assets from a .unitypackage file. (The tools/script I found I couldn't get to work)

So I made my own, which I'm sharing here if anyone else would find something like this useful:

Download Link: https://deadpheonix.com/Tools/AssetManager/UnityAssetManager.zip

Install Steps:

- Download the zip from the above link.
    - Extact to somewhere on your PC.
    - Run the 'UnityExtractor.exe'

Extracting:

- Add the 'unitypackage' path to the 'File to extact' textbox (If you click 'Select' it will open a file select window automatically pointing to the default 'unitypackage' folder)
    - Add the path where you want the assets stored in the 'Output' textbox.
    - Click 'Extract'

The tool will then extact all the files in the unitypackage file to your specified output folder.

Additional Notes:

- Once extracted, you can search through the extracted assets (via name/file type)
    - Clicking on an asset will attemp to load it in the asset viewer window (Supports most text/image/model file formats... however some might not be supported)
    - You can also drag drop files/output paths in to relevant textboxes.

Any issues/feature requests, just note them here and I'll see what I can do.

I hope someone else finds this useful

Thanks.

yuvsv47 likes this.
  2. diliupg

diliupg

This sounds like a super piece of software. I downloaded it. Will use it and let you know. Thanks for this.:)

3. yuvsv47

yuvsv47

It really works!)
    At first I wanted to remove this extractor from my computer. Because when you import a package, the extractor does not show its contents.
    But take your time!
    I needed to verify the validity of one package because of the questionably large size, which was very different from the size listed in the store. So there you go! When you click the "extract" button, then the asset will unpack and you will immediately see its contents in the program window!
    Thank you! Hi all! :D:p;)

4. teguhyuono

teguhyuono

i didn't manage to do it. the output folder remains empty, even though it is declared complete. Please help me.

5. K0Y0

K0Y0

6. icauroboros

icauroboros

7. lgvr3567

lgvr3567

this is a virus bc my browser says that it will sell my data to someone

8. hfawad603

hfawad603

Download link not working please provide another link

9. waverz

waverz