Search Unity

Unity asking to enter Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by coder_58, May 13, 2022.

1. coder_58

coder_58

Hi,

I installed 2021.3.2f1 with the documentation and WebGL module and created a new project from Unity Hub. When I try opening that though I get this:

Not sure why this is happening. I deleted the old installation from both Unity Hub and Finder on my Mac. I actually had installation issues with 2021.3.2f1 before it got installed successfully so I deleted and reinstalled both Unity and Unity Hub.

If I click ignore and open the project, I get a pretty long "DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path" error -- and apparently I can't add scripts to any object because of this error:
    "DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/Applications/2021.3.2f1/Unity.app/Contents/UnityReferenceAssemblies/unity-4.8-api/Facades'."

Plus, I noticed that in this project's folder, the "Assembly-CSharp.csproj" file is not there. I see the file in all my other projects which were done in the previous editor version (2020.3.30f1).

What does the safe mode and directory error mean tho? Did I do anything that caused this? What should I do? I'm on Mac btw. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited: May 14, 2022