Search Unity

Unity AR Foundation Restart the scene.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Deleted User, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello.
    Im using unity AR Foundation and it works pretty well.
    But if i restart the scene AR works very bad and buggy. As if something is left from the previous scene. Is there any way i can restart th scene in ARFoundation ?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

upload_2019-3-30_14-58-4.png
    Some Logs i could get. Seems some planes after restart are not deleted or what. I dunno for now

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Welp i found the problem. Who the F*** thought its a good idea to keep detected plane data after the level is restarted? There is just no posibility to reboot the level r the posibiity isnt obvious. The planes just persistent between levels and there is no way to delete this S***.

4. Grimjack2600

Grimjack2600

Interesting. What method are you using for your plane detection? I have a scene where the user can restart the experience by using a standard scenemanager.loadscene method call and we're not seeing any lingering planes.

As a matter of fact, in our case, the issue is that the user needs to be made aware to pan their device of a target surface again to get the new planes data. Are you persisting any of your other objects? In our case, nothing is preserved between scene-loads currently.