Search Unity

Question Unity App flickering using HoloLens 2

Discussion in 'AR' started by Underworse, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Underworse

Underworse

Hello dear community,

I am currently having a problem I can't really solve. As soon as I start my Unity App with Visual Studio, everything begins to flicker. My fps is almost constantly at 60 FPS. Everything else (opening main menu, settings, etc.) while using my Unity App really works fine.

For reference, please watch this video: https://imgur.com/a/deTvnpz

I am wondering that this does not work because I followed this guide step by step: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/learn/modules/learn-mrtk-tutorials/

I am also able to interact with the created "Cube" game object.

My versions are all correct regarding the checklist for the installation:
    - Windows 10
    - Visual Studio 2019 (Version 16.8.2)
    - Unity (Version 2020.3.22f1 LTS)

What I have tried so far:
    - Used different OpenXR Plugin Version
    - Used different Mixed Reality Toolkit Foundation Version
    - Used different build settings in Unity

I didn't find any similar problems and I am already out of options because I am not familiar with Unity and the HoloLens - just started using the HoloLens 2 today.

I hope that somebody is able to help me!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 1: The app works fine in the Unity "Play" mode and does not flicker.

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

This may sound weird, but there was an issue created in 2020.3.20f1 that may be the root cause of this. Can you revert back to 19f1 and check if it works for you?

Underworse likes this.
  3. wykj-luke

wykj-luke

I also met this in 2020.3.21, 2020.3.22...

So Unity have had this problem in at least 3 releases and not be discovered...

I even can't believe it's you Unity who lead to this problem...... I take so much time on my project setting, only to find it's Unity....... heartbroken

Now I am uninstalling and reinstall the 19f1 and try, hope it will work...........

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

It was discovered very soon after release but it takes a while for fixes to be investigated, proper solution found, resolved and get through the release pipeline. There should be a fix rolling out in a fairly soon but I have no date or release number for that. All I can say is watch for the release notes to see when it lands.

wykj-luke likes this.
  5. wykj-luke

wykj-luke

Thanks. I have tried 19 and it's OK.

yjt18 likes this.
  6. Underworse

Underworse

Thanks a lot! Using the 2020.3.19f1 version worked for me!

The following post mentions that there is going to be a fix in the 2020.3.24f1 version coming in a couple of weeks.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/fli...ns-2-projects-in-2020-3-21-and-later.1200199/