Search Unity

Unity App Crashes due to PlayerPrefs data

Discussion in 'Android' started by xtrecoolx1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. xtrecoolx1

xtrecoolx1

I have the following scenario and I can confirm that deleting the data folder for my game fixes this issue but it sounds like a bug to me.

Scenario:
    My game is running fine on production. The game is built with Unity 2019.2.3f1 with IL2CPP. I have made a small change to the game and submit to Google Play Store for internal testing. Then I have updated the game from the play store to check my work. Everything seemed to be working fine so far. Then I've uninstalled the game from my device. At this point, the device still contains files under Android data/mypackage folder. Then i reinstalled the game from the play store but when I tried to run the game it crashed instantly. If I create another build, submit it to internal testing and update the so called "broken" game, then it works fine again (??? weird)

While I was trying to figure out what might be going wrong, I've actually seen an old thread about this. In that thread the recommendation was to delete data folder. When I deleted the folder, everything worked fine. But this thread is years old.

I am not sure if I should release the update to production but I believe it won't cause any problems since updating seemed to be working fine. However, if a real player deletes the game and then decides to reinstall, then my game will probably never open.

Any recommendations ?