Search Unity

Unity app build to Quest is successful, but the app only loads

Discussion in 'VR' started by ckrogmeier, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckrogmeier

ckrogmeier

I've just made an app in Unity and deployed it on the Oculus Quest, however on build and run, the app appears to load in the headset (black screen with 3 white loading dots) and does nothing else.

After waiting a while, it seems the screen in the headset is completely black, which could be the app running. The actual game in Unity is not black and has controller input.

I have tried a few things like changing the minimum API level, and turning the multithreaded rendering on, and off, but that does not seem to make a difference.

I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you,
    C

itsfer likes this.
  2. jacknoid

jacknoid

secretsharer, gjf and ROBYER1 like this.
  3. Soshiyanet

Soshiyanet

I have the same issue

4. stylerHU

stylerHU

Same issue here, any idea? I set up everything that Oculus mentioned in the settings category.

5. secretsharer

secretsharer

6. MarkKreitler

MarkKreitler

Try going in to Player Settings -> Android -> Other Settings and turn off Auto Graphics API.

7. oliVRqin

oliVRqin

Was just agonizing over a similar problem, and I'm using Unity 2020.1.9f1 on a Mac; this solution might not work for you cause of different circumstances but it worked for me. My solution was to go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Under Other Settings, change the minimum API from whatever the default is to 'Marshmallow' Level 23. That's it, worked like a dream. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.