Search Unity

Unity API Documentation Video Companion

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by BurgZerg-Arcade, May 8, 2010.

1. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

With the ever growing amount of Unity video tutorials, and the even larger growing Unity user base, I have decided to start indexing the tutorials based on what APIs they are using.

This allows me to find what I want faster then searching several different websites (YouTube, Blip, Vimeo, etc) for an answer.

This is in no way a replacement for the official Unity API Documentation, but rather a companion for people that like a more visual approach to learning.

It is still in an early stage of development, but feel free to drop by and let me know what you thing. You can read more about it here, as well as take a look at what is there now.

Hope you find it useful.

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Excellent idea! This is already a very useful resource and I can't wait to see how it develops in the future. Thanks for your great work!

3. shader

shader

Looks very useful, thanks

4. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Glad to hear that it may be of use to others. I have gone ahead and divided the tutorials in to javascript and c#. Now when you are looking at an API entry, there could be two tables. One for the c# examples, and one for the javascript examples.

I have not stumbled upon any boo examples, but if I can find some, I will add them as a third tables as well.

With all that being said, I have not found a lot of c# tutorials, but since it is the language that I use the most, I can sit down this weekend and go over some of the more common C# API sumbling blocks.

If anyone has video tutorials that I have not cataloged yet, and would like to have them added, just let me know by sending me a link to your videos.

Also if anyone has certain APIs that they would like to see some tutorials on, let me know and I will see what I can do.