Search Unity

Unity Answers

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fred_gds, Dec 22, 2013.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I was wondering why I don't have any button to comment answers. I know my karma is quiet low with only 116 but it is still quite annoying.

I also have those buttons "overview", "history" and so on when I select my profile but I always get a strange error when selecting those.

HTTP Status 404 - /users/46371/userInfoTab

type Status report

message /users/46371/userInfoTab

description The requested resource (/users/46371/userInfoTab) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.26

So I was wondering whether I am the only one having such problems or if those are known issues

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Try clearing your cache and reloading.

--Eric

3. fred_gds

fred_gds

I tired it but still neither the comment nor those buttons on my profile work :(

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

5. fred_gds

fred_gds

I didn't post the comment myself. I keep adding "Could somebody please make this a comment? thanks ;)" to my answers so that somebody makes it a comment. As I can't find any button/option to write a comment.

I can see my basic overview like that:

member since Sep 21 '12 at 21:32
    last seen 23 hours ago
    accept rate: 11%
    email pctestwinner@web.de

but these buttons: "overview", "activity", "karma”, "history", "votes", "favorites" on my profile lead to "HTTP Status 404 "

if it is a problem with my username, feel free to change it, as I don't think that I can change it myself.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

I don't think you cleared your cache and reloaded, because what you describe is exactly what happens if you're still using old cached files.

--Eric

7. fred_gds

fred_gds

I deleted the cacher over over the developer bar in Safari and then "delete Cache" and then reloaded the page and it didn't change anything. So I highly doubt that it causes the problem.

I also tried out to go over my windows machine a couple of weeks ago and it also didn't work there.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

I had that exact problem with the missing comment button and the 404 errors, and using the "empty cache" item in the Safari menu and reloading is what fixed it. They updated the site recently so Safari was probably using outdated CSS/Javascript files. However if you had the problem a couple weeks ago that's strange.

--Eric

9. fred_gds

fred_gds

well I have the issue since I first started using Unity Answers. I just got time to file this now.

And the overview and activity button and so on (the ones I listed earlier) also don't work on the profile of other people. I just retired to empty the cache but that didn't work either.

I jsut logged out of my account and then went to answers and then I went to the overview and activity button and then it all worked fine. So this seems to be a problem with my account.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  10. fred_gds

fred_gds

Has anybody a solution for the problem?