Search Unity

Bug Unity animator memory leak

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GladosGaming, Mar 27, 2022.

1. GladosGaming

GladosGaming

Recently I've been having a problem with my Unity 2020.3.32f1 it's a very obvious memory leak if I leave Unity open during the leak it easily will eventually Peak my Ram and use up to 40 gigs and obviously the editor is completely unresponsive from what I have seen after completely reinstalling both the Hub and all of my editor versions and then trying a brand new project it only seems to occur when I try to use the animator window I use the memory profiler to get a better idea on what's going on and was able to figure out/confirm that it was the animator the animator also has weird graphical glitches and a lot of stuff bugs out I don't know how to fix this at so I'm hoping someone here may have an idea

Attached Files:

2. Skiriki

Skiriki

Are you somehow creating AnimationStateMachine EntryNodes? If not, I'd say report a bug to Unity.

3. GladosGaming

GladosGaming

At this point i've tried completely wiping Unity from my system including logs empty folders and registries and even after opening a brand new project the problem still occurs I have already sent a bug report to Unity but this is just very frustrating as my Unity is completely unusable no matter the project

MartinTilo likes this.
  4. SongAngel

SongAngel

Downgrading to 2020.3.30f1 worked for me. I am learning not to update right away.

5. GladosGaming

GladosGaming

yea i just went up to 2021.2.17f1 i found out that the bug is from the unity version itself when i saw someone else in the discord asking about the same bug