Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Android - Video Gamification Help

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zygan, Jan 21, 2016.

1. zygan

zygan

Hi all,

I am looking to create a first-person game for the android platform, in which the environment is based upon the playback of a video that exists upon the device. I would like to control the speed of the video playback in order to mimic 'movement' through the game. The catch is that I would also like to be able to embed 3d objects into the player's view (avatars, checkpoints, etc...).

I was unable to find any examples of this type of 'game' through my research, and was hoping to get some assistance from the community to help me determine if this is indeed possible through the unity engine, and if so to point me in some general directions of either tutorials/blogs/documentation that may help me piece this together.

I apologize for the vague nature of this post, however, I am a complete unity newcomer and am simply looking for general direction as opposed to specific code from the community, as I am unsure where to begin.

P.S. I have android development experience, but no game development experience (yet!).

Cheers!