Search Unity

Bug Unity Android screen stuttering / flickering when using native UI (with video)

Discussion in 'Android' started by MiroslavShard, Mar 23, 2023.

1. MiroslavShard

MiroslavShard

Hello, everyone! I recently faced the problem and I really need your help. The game starts to lag terribly on my android phone when I start using the native UI (e.g. navigation bar, notification panel or changing the volume level).

The game itself does not lag, everything goes perfectly under 30 fps, but when I start using the native UI, the screen starts to crumble (but still under 30 fps, without drawdowns). I recorded a video from another phone, because when I use a screen recorder, this bug disappears (probably the screen recorder optimizes frames somehow).

VIDEO:

Possible solution with Optimized Frame Pacing? No! Unfortunately, I cannot use this feature due to a critical bug on another phone (the old low-end phone starts to lag terribly and slow down after a couple of minutes of gameplay). Unity still can't fix it and I'm preparing a huge detailed bug report on this topic.

I have also tried setting different Application.targetFrameRate values, but the problem still persists.

I will be very grateful if you help me or tell in which direction to do my research.

leni8ec likes this.
  2. MiroslavShard

MiroslavShard

3. guanghui

guanghui

what's your Unity engine version? I also have this problem when run our game on Android emulators on Windows PC.
    I'm using Unity 2021.3.15f1

4. django1433

django1433

Arrange flip in unity maincam

5. leni8ec

leni8ec

Same issue on Unity v2022.3.20, but additionally, the screen still blinks a lot!

6. leni8ec

leni8ec

In my case, the problem was related to the use of the graphics API Vulkan.
    After excluding it from the build - everything worked perfectly!

Before
    upload_2024-3-1_7-43-48.png

After
    upload_2024-3-1_7-43-55.png