Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unity Android Resolver

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rimkchouic, May 9, 2023.

1. rimkchouic

rimkchouic

I've been trying to understand what was the reason behind android resolver's failure. Gradle was failing with the following error:
     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7 

I've tried upgrading the gradle wrapper, gradle itself, java, in vain.

Everything failed. So I've decided to give the check / uncheck the JDK / SDK / NDK boxes voodoo a try, which doesn't solve anything IF you disable everything then re-enable everything.

If you disable / re-enable them one after the other, it somehow fixes the resolve.

I don't want this post to become just a rant but we're wasting SO MUCH TIME between all the crashes, the incredibly long compilation times (even with asmdefs), the gradle issues. The fact that I had to do this checkbox thing to fix my resolver is absolutely crazy. I hate that I have to post on a forum about that.

So anyway, what's going on with gradle here?

2. cdr9042

cdr9042

Do you mean the Unity Jar Resolver by Google? You should post this on their github repo issue page.

3. rimkchouic

rimkchouic

It was, yeah. I should not have posted this here.

4. Wriggler

Wriggler

Thanks for posting this. Clicking these boxes off/on one at a time fixed my issue as well. This EDM thing is just the worst.

Ben