Search Unity

Bug Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidTools.cs: No platformTag for Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by RaphaelHoever, Dec 3, 2020.

1. RaphaelHoever

RaphaelHoever

I use Unity 2020.1.10f1 on Ubuntu 18.04LTS to build games for Android. Every now and then I see the following error in the Unity console:

Failed to locate /home/raphael/Unity3D/2020.1.10f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/NDK/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-addr2line
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidTools:.ctor() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidTools/AndroidTools.cs:62)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntime:CreateAndroidTools() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:139)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntimeBase:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:78)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntime:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:123)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatManager:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatManager.cs:39)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatManager:OnEnable() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatManager.cs:21)
    UnityEditor.ScriptableSingleton`1:get_instance()
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider:.ctor(String, SettingsScope) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider.cs:29)
    Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider:CreateSettingsProvider() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.0/Editor/AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider.cs:41)
    UnityEditor.SettingsWindow:OpenProjectSettings() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:436)

It looks like AndroidTools.cs does not provide a platformTag that matches the subfolder name on Linux ("linux-x86_64"). Only Windows ("windows-x86_64") and MacOS ("darwin-x86_64") are supported. Would be great to have this fixed in the next Logcat release. I tried to directly fix the package code but my modifications are automatically removed by Unity again.

Raphi