Search Unity

unity and php - sending data from game to php file

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Soumikbhat, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

My javascript script reads :

Code (JavaScript):
    1. function send(data, username) {
    2.     var form = new WWWForm();
    3.     form.AddField("action", "send");
    4.     form.AddField("score", data);
    5.         form.AddField("username", username);
    6.     var url = "http://localhost/server/index.php";
    7.     var w = WWW(url, form);
    8.     yield w;
    9. }
    10. function Update(){
    11. send(999, "phpservisi");    }
    I know it is lame to call send() from Update() but this is just for experimental purposes...

Now in my php file, I have
    <?php
    if($_REQUEST['action']=="send") {
    $score = $_REQUEST['score'];
    $username = $_REQUEST['username'];
    echo $username; } ?>

But this does not work...any help would be appreciated..

2. blizzy

blizzy

Does it work if you call the PHP script in your browser?

3. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

It displays :

Notice: Undefined index: action in D:\xampp\htdocs\server\index.php on line 12

Line 12 of my server\index.php is
    if($_REQUEST['action']=="send") {

4. blizzy

blizzy

Let me rephrase my question: Does it work if you call the PHP script in your browser with the correct parameters?

5. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

6. Fiercy Rabbit

Fiercy Rabbit

Programming with a software in one side and PHP on the other side is not easy for debugging. I'm new on Unity but i've made some Android App linked to a big website. For debugging it's better to build some tools.
    Just built a simple HTML page with a form which submit to your PHP Page. With that, you will be able to send various data and check perfectly your PHP code.
    Then, create a small routine in your PHP script, which save the data in a basic text file (just fopen, fput and fclose).
    Then, work on your Unity script and check the content of the txt file your PHP script has saved.

In your case, if the reply is "undefined index action", this is because your PHP script don't receive the values. When the data are send to the server, the GET and/or POST array are filled with the value and the index for this array is made from the name of the field.
    Eg an input name="My_Name" filled with "John Doe" will produce and array like:
    $_POST['My_Name'] = "John Doe"
    In your case, the index of the array is missing. So it mean your Unity script dans send the data.

Concerning the link from JamesLeeNZ, its interessting and will give a good overview. Just avoid using mysql_connect as it's obsolete. Use PDO or mysqli.

In this code, I suggest having a look at the part with "highscore_url" (in JS) or "post_url" (in the C# part) to understand the contruction of the string which contain the name of the data (which will be the index in the $_REQUEST) and the value.

Regards
    FR

7. Creer_LLC

Creer_LLC