Search Unity

Official Unity and Microsoft announce cloud partnership for game developers and beyond

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by UnityJuju, Aug 8, 2022.

1. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Honestly very hard to actually tell what this means, as the post is so much marketing guff and nothing really tangible. Just a bunch of links to pre-existing stuff and some stuff about the cloud.

Hopefully something actually usable or dare I say it, something beneficial to actual users that will continue to be supported comes out of this, until then who knows what this is :p

elias_t, LilGames and pm007 like this.
  3. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

I hear Microsoft requires a PR statement when they dish out better than standard Azure deals. So Unity gets cheaper service and MS gets marketing for Azure. That's it.

drawcode, JoNax97 and moo1210 like this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

There have been a sufficient number of influencers over the past few years that have discussed the topic of whether the engine or the developer is responsible for bad games that I don't see this having any meaningful impact. We're also past the point that it's cool to say that you hate Unity.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  5. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

I wonder who approved that game ? Does this dev have even rights to Kratos etc ?

6. LilGames

LilGames

What game? I see no game in that press release.

7. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

I think someone deleted the post of a guy posting video, where some guys reviewed game from Microsoft Store, allegedly done in Unity so...the context is gone and my post doesnt make sense anymore xD...mod forgot to delete my msg too