Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question unity and hdmi-cec

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by casvl, May 6, 2020.

1. casvl

casvl

Hey everybody.
    We are using Unity combined with Resolume for visuals on a tv-wall in a museum. Our project requires us to turn on/off/switch channel several tv's on given unity triggers. So my question is: Is there any way to send HDMI-CEC commands directly from Unity, or the ability to run a bash/python script from your application?

2. Novacane89

Novacane89

Hello,

I do not know HDMI-CEC commands but if i understand correctly those commands are just string commands written according to a specific syntax. So if you know what string you want to send you could use a TCP client to send commands to the application host ip and port number. Just need to know the syntax. I use tcp listeners on my unity projects and control animations on them from a C# control panel sending TCP commands.

Hope I understood you right and this might be of some use.

Cheers