Search Unity

Unity Analytics vs Google Firebase - substantial difference in data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by XOA_Productions, Mar 8, 2019.

1. XOA_Productions

XOA_Productions

Hey there!

I'm usually using unity analytics for my projects, but in my newest project, I chose to also integrate google firebase as I needed the push-notification functionality. Since I was already integrating firebase, I also chose to set up the same analytics events that I'm sending to unity.

For example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.Analytics.Analytics.CustomEvent("PlayerDied");
    2. Firebase.Analytics.FirebaseAnalytics.LogEvent("PlayerDied");
    I'd expect the data that I'm seeing in both unity analytics and firebase analytics to match up or be at least really close. However, using the PlayerDied event as an example, this is what I'm getting:

Firebase (Event | Total Count | Individual Users)
    firebase1.PNG

Unity Analytics
    (Event | Individual Users)
    (Event | Total Count)
    UnityAnalytics1.PNG

That's a pretty big difference, and it's much worse with some other events. I'm seeing everything between 0%->100% difference, which sucks.

Maybe someone has experienced this too and can tell me which stats I should trust? I'm mostly depending on unity analytics for the A/B testing, and it'd suck if these stats were unreliable (but hopefully firebase is in the wrong here ;-)

Regards,
    Ben

Garrettec likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Keep in mind that our data will be 8-16 hours delayed due to back end processing, this may account for some of the discrepancy. Also, we don't start to process events until you first visit the Dashboard, so we might not have caught your early events. But checking for a single recent day would show any differences. Generally our recommendation is to not try to reconcile differences, but just stick to a single platform to make your day-to-day decisions, especially when doing A/B testing.