Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Analytics reports false data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Dreeka, May 23, 2016.

1. Dreeka

Dreeka

Hey,

I have released my game Casual Cubes to the App Store, and Google Play on May 18, but the data is inconsistent with the data provided by iTunes and Google.

For example, Unity Analytics says that I have 3.66k monthly active user, but iTunes say I have 1069 on iOS, and google say I have 16. Also, Unity Analytics says that I have 1600 new users on May 21, but iTunes only shows 139.

Is there something wrong with my integration?

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @Dreeka,

Looking at a day of data pulled from your app, the numbers on your dashboard look like they accurately represent the number of users we're seeing sending events. Typically, for numeric discrepancies with other services, there are a few things that can cause it, I'm listing them here informationally, however I don't see them being the cause of such a great difference as you're seeing.
    - Calculating metrics/timestamps differently.
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling apps for testing. (Because we generate a unique user id each time an app has been downloaded, whereas google and apple know that a user downloading from the same account is not unique no matter how many times they download the app.)

Unless you know otherwise, since I don't think those could be causing the issue you're seeing, all I can think is that perhaps your game is being downloaded from a source other than Google or iTunes?

If you'd like to fill out a support ticket, https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support, I can give you an export of a slice of the data we're seeing from your app for you to look through.

mpinol likes this.
  3. Dreeka

Dreeka

Thank you for your reply!

It looks like the game was downloaded from different sources as well, and the numbers are valid.
    Thank you for your help :)

erika_d likes this.