Search Unity

Unity Analytics not symbolicating crash reports for iOS

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by acr1378, Feb 16, 2018.

1. acr1378

acr1378

I have a live app using Unity Analytics. I am receiving crash reports for iOS builds, but the crash reports are not symbolicated. I've located the dsym files and uploaded them manually, and I am still not getting symbolicated reports.

Can anyone help me out here?

I've attached a screenshot of the unsymbolicated crash logs on the Unity Analytics dashboard, and the file I uploaded manually.

(On a separate note, the "upload" button in the upload symbols section does not work on Safari browsers. Easy to work around, but incredibly frustrating before you figure out that it's a browser issue.)

Attached Files:

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@arandono,

Crash Reporting is actually a service separate from Analytics. In the future, you can try reach their support forum here:
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-game-performance-reporting-preview.83/

Typically with this error the cause is using the dsym file from XCode and not the one from iTunes Connect. When you build your iOS app with Bitcode enabled and submit it to the App Store, Apple post-processes your build and creates a new binary. The new binary has a new UUID and a new corresponding dSYM. In this case, you must download the dSYM from iTunes Connect.

If that doesn't help, there are some more troubleshooting tips in the attached PDF.

Thanks for reporting this. I will let the Crash Reporting team know.

Attached Files: