Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Legacy Unity Analytics FAQs

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by sschan, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDit3

ThreeDit3

Hi everyone,

I do have a similar use case like inakiktp.
    Does anyone has a more precise answer to his/her question?
    Right now, I cannot create a test case - not even for a shorter amount of time - to analyze the caching behaviour by myself. That's the main reason why I am still assuming that applications, running offline, are only collecting the first 100 events to send them later in batches.
    Please, can anyone tell me if i am right or wrong.

I do have one more question.
    Does manipulating the system clock would enable us to collect and send data for other days?

Kind regards

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That should not be the case (collecting only the first 100 events). And you would not want to manipulate the system clock. What problem are you trying to solve? Are you receiving an error?

3. ThreeDit3

ThreeDit3

Hi Jeff,

No. I do not receive an error.

For a client, I do have to evaluate the use of Unity Analytics and Google Analytics under high pressure. There is the need to track any user (even if they are working offline for a long time). I am hoping that Unity Analytics provides some basic behaviour, to relieve developers of developing custom caching techniques.

But without enough time for some implementation, testing and evaluation, I cannot give a final answer to the question, if we will need to spent some extra time for developing a custom caching behaviour in the future.

The thinking of manipulating the system clock is related to the idea of implementing a small app running automatically in the background to quickly fill the Unity Analytics dashboard with some sample data.

Kind regards

4. wahntin

wahntin

Hi there. I would like to distinguish between the analytics data of our game demo and the actual game. Is there a way to do this without having to create a new project?

I'm asking, because creating a separate project for the demo would cause a lot of work to maintain both in parallel, so it would basically not be an option.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unfortunately no. Hopefully your actual game data will dwarf the game demo data! Locking this thread as moving off topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.