Search Unity

Unity Analytics Disabled / Project Services Disconnected - Cannot Relink Project

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by tbiz5270, Oct 15, 2021.

1. tbiz5270

tbiz5270

I recently noticed the Unity Dashboard changed and is now reporting zero players and $0.00 revenue for my game. This game is published to production on both iOS and Android. It has been available for months and everything (including all analytics reporting) was working correctly with Unity until recently.

The following image (fig1_unityDashboard.png) shows the incorrect reporting and a warning message about Unity Analytics:

fig1_unityDashboard.png

The "You might see incomplete data. Activate Unity Analytics!" messaged prompted me to revisit the Services window in the Unity editor. This was the first time in months that I looked at this menu. It used to look correct - the Unity project was correctly linked to the Project ID in the Unity dashboard, and Unity Ads, In-App Purchases, and Analytics were all enabled. Everything was working and hooked up and reporting correctly for months.

However, all of the sudden, the services menu is no longer linked to my project, and I cannot seem to re-link it. See the following image (fig2_servicesDisconnected.png):

fig2_servicesDisconnected.png

When I select the organization drop-down menu for creating a new Unity Project ID, the organization that this project is for is not listed (the two organizations covered in red are my personal organizations, not the organization that this game is published under). The following image (fig3_servicesOrganizationMissing.png) displays this:

fig3_servicesOrganizationMissing.png

When I try the "I already have a Unity Project ID" option, I would think I can re-link the project to the existing project ID that is already published and currently available in the App Stores. However, in this drop-down menu, the correct organization is shown (covered in yellow), but the project list drop-down is empty. I have multiple projects with this organization, but none are displaying. The following image (fig4_servicesNoProject.png) displays this:

fig4_servicesNoProject.png

A few different things happened in the past month, so I'm not sure which was the cause of my game's disconnection between the Unity Editor and the organization's project ID.
    1. There were organizational changes where I was removed as a member of the organization, and then re-added shortly after. I have a feeling this is what initially severed my game's link to the organization, but I'm not positive. However, now that I am a member of the organization again, why can I still not re-link my project? Why can I not access the Services window? Is it possible I still don't have the correct permissions in the organization for this project?
    2. I updated Unity to the newest 2019 LTS. However, I tried going back to the previous older version that I initially published the game on, and this Analytics/Services window problem is still present. So I don't think this is the issue.
    3. I moved my project back and forth between my Mac and Windows laptop to work while traveling (although I have done this many times in the past and never had issues).
    Just a month ago, everything was working perfectly. Ever since the organizational changes where I was removed and then re-added as a member, I suddenly am having all kinds of issues viewing the project's ads/analytics and connecting to the game's Services.

I've tried everything I can think of, but I still cannot link the Services menu nor see any ad revenue:
    1. Had my publisher organization review my permissions (but maybe some extra advice is needed here).
    2. Deleted the Library folder of the project and reloaded it.
    3. Signed out and back in to my Unity account.
    4. Tried loading the project on multiple computers (both Mac and Windows).
    5. Tried loading the project on an older version of Unity where it previously worked.
    I am totally lost as to what is happening and how to resolve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please open a support ticket with email to support@unity3d.com. To enable services and manage them, you need to be either an Owner or Manager on the project.