Search Unity

Unity Analytics blocked by App Transport Security on iOS 9

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AlfredL, Sep 23, 2015.

1. AlfredL

AlfredL

During our testing on iOS 9, we notice Unity Analytics is blocked by App Transport Security on iOS 9 because it uses HTTP to communicate with *.cloud.unity3d.com instead of HTTPS.

In addition, after checking the certificate associated with *.unity3d.com, I found it uses SHA-1, which is also blocked by App Transport Security on iOS 9 although the server supports TLS 1.2.

To work around this issue, I can put *.cloud.unity3d.com into the exception list. However, I would like to know whether it will be fixed in the future so that I don't need to manually add it to the exception list for my iOS build.

2. kentunity

kentunity

Unity Technologies

@AlfredL what version of Unity are you using?
    We're working on fixing this issue asap, we'll let you know when everything is fixed.

3. monark

monark

I've also hit this issue, using 4.6.8p2

4. serpin

serpin

Would you be so kind as to add this option from 5.2.0p1 patch release to Unity 4?

iOS: Exposed option in Player Settings to temporary disable Application Transport Security checks in iOS 9.0.

I'd love to jump ship, but in a QA stage it's dangerous and my project doesn't even update to U5 properly. Unity just crashes. Having to disable ATS via .plst file after each building with U4 is painful...

5. serpin

serpin

Actually. never mind. This can be easily solved by running a simple plst-file updater after build is done =)

6. Yousician_unity_assets

Yousician_unity_assets

7. kentunity

kentunity

Unity Technologies

Hi All,

For Unity 4.x we've released SDK version 1.9.5 which fixes this issue.
    For Unity 5.x, since this only required a server side fix, this will work, without any changes.

Here is a direct link for SDK users (Unity 4.x) for the Unity Package.