Search Unity

Unity among top five game companies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Yep, the news has been lightin' up Twitter, Facebook, our internal mailing lists, etc. David Helgason is going to do a blog post on it as it's just so cool to get that kind of recognition, we're honored.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Listed in illustrious company! (except maybe Zynga)

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Pff! We can take 'em! ;)

5. RuThaN

RuThaN

Unity won award between crap as Applestore or Facebook. Is this an honor or a disgrace?? Degeneration of the gaming industry continues, perhaps the time to repeat the 83rd.
    In contrast to here in the forum are old veterans of the SSI, who still want to make good games, we live in crazy age..

They did stupid AAA games, for everyone with IQ 90 because because they fear of the return on investment, in 200 members team.. And now we will make games for an even wider community on Facebook API, which is even lazier than ordinary think PC gamers.

6. giyomu

giyomu

hey wake up ruthan , game industry is a business , money is what feed you for whatever you want to do , or then you can eventually go live in deep forest and hunt / fish for food , put your computer to trash you wont need anymore :D

so stupid AAA game at least give work to do for some guys and make other people in the chain be able to live from that.

Picasso was smart in his model business, Rembrandt and other die in sorry to say "S***" choose your path.

7. Regularry

Regularry

Sounds like at least we don't have to worry that UT will go out of business.

Instead we can worry they'll be so successful that Adobe will buy them to snuff out the competition. :p

8. rouhee

rouhee

This is my darkest fear. And if not Adobe, then some other big company.

9. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

nobody can buy what isn't for sale :)

10. Discord

Discord

phew :p

11. n0mad

n0mad

Now that was the coolest intervention of the year 09. :D

12. giyomu

giyomu

agree :D

13. RuThaN

RuThaN

It's worse every year, everyone of us that can do something, even stupid dirty sites that are re-evaluating stupid game. Advise less known buddies what to koupt and swearing at the EA, which can only ..
    A play on the PC not to support the console on which they are demonstrably dumber on average, that is the reason why Blizzard should in recent years has not anything on the console, without a mouse to play badly.
    To die for their ideals is quite nice to go with the herd is easier.
    You're from Japan where everything is focused on money, if more than in America, as a result, but when you see your games, so that kitsch is really weird, total art bad taste. I believe in honor, man without honor is nothing.

14. jtbentley

jtbentley

Holy crap, I have no idea what you said, but it sounded negative.

15. Regularry

Regularry

I think someone needs a hug.

16. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I'm not sure why you see our getting the nod as a top game company is such a negative thing, perhaps you can take a minute and clearly explain yourself so we might understand?

In my mind we've worked extremely hard at bringing top quality game development tools to everyone, from the home hobbyist on up to top game studios. We've done so while continually lowering the barrier to entry (cost, ease of use) and expanding the realm of possibilities (power, performance, distribution). I for one think it's a great honor to get this recognition and it only motivates us to work harder than ever!

Oh, yeah, and what Nicholas said! :)

17. ryanzec

ryanzec

@RuThaN:
    While I know you may not like grammer, if you want to have a semi-intelligent discussion with people, your posts have to make some sense.

Have no idea what this means.

What I get from this is that we should only support PC because people using consoles are dumber and playing without a mouse sucks?

What?

Again, no idea what you mean.

18. defmech

defmech

I don't think English is the first language in his underground temple below the scorched heart of Europe.