Search Unity

Unity Affiliate Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

In case you missed it, Unity is announcing a new Affiliate Program! The Affiliate Program empowers the global Unity community to discuss and promote how they’re building their dreams using the Asset Store while earning commissions.

As a Unity affiliate, you can link to any Asset Store product from your website, blog, or social media page and earn commission on referring sales to Asset Store. Everybody wins: Asset Store publishers get valuable exposure, Unity users have new avenues for discovering great assets, and you get paid!

widget .png

Quick FAQ -
    What is the affiliate program?

If you manage a blog, website or your own social media page, then the Unity Affiliate Program provides a great opportunity for you to enhance your site by linking to Asset Store while earning commissions.

How does it work?
    After you apply for our program and are accepted as an affiliate of Unity, you may place Asset Store links via widgets, text links and direct links on your website or social media page. When your visitors clicks on your affiliated links to Asset Store, Unity rewards commissions on any referring sales that occur within a 24 hour tracking window. So the more visitors you refer and the more of those visitors who purchase assets from the Unity Asset Store, then the more you commissions you will earn.

I have many websites, can I use my Affiliate account for all of them?
    Yes, as long as your sites comply with the program terms, we do not restrict how many sites are tied to your affiliate account.

How do I sign up?
    Applying to become an affiliate is quick and easy. Apply now with your contact information and website url where you plan to promote Unity Asset Store. We will review your application within 5 business days, and you will receive a notification email once we reviewed your application.

You can see the full FAQ here.

Please email affiliate support for any further questions regarding the Affiliate Program! affiliates@unity3d.com

2. QFSW

QFSW

Hey, looks interesting!

Where do we find our "Unity ID"?

3. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Your UnityID should be the email you use to log into the website!

4. QFSW

QFSW

Ah right, thanks :D

5. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hey, not to sure if this is the best place to write it, but how about having the option of adding the profits as Unity Asset Credits? Seems simpler than doing a bank transfer, although PayPal would still be the best.

6. Yup. Paypal would be awesome.

7. Untitled_Tools_Projects

Untitled_Tools_Projects

I agree Paypal would be a great payment method for the Unity Affiliate program. Or even a credit card.

UNITY3D_TEAM likes this.
  8. CGChoco

CGChoco

hello guys. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong with this but i've got 74 clicks and zero conversion for this month...seems not really being worth the effort.

Jwolf and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  9. mgear

mgear

+1 for paypal or asset store credits conversion..

Jwolf likes this.
  10. Jwolf

Jwolf

My conversion rate has gone to zero over the past couple of months despite my (small number) conversion doubling... I had been getting a conversion roughly ever 50 clicks. I've gone 200+ without a conversion...? I associate this somewhat with the new store rolling out.

Am I doing something wrong? Are others experiencing this?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  11. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Affiliate is dead, been happening since december for me. Moved on, you should too until Unity address, respond and fix this.

12. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Hey, @Jwolf and @Daemonhahn - I've just reached out to our affiliate team to make sure there aren't any roadblocks that should be stopping the conversions from being tracked. We've also confirmed that 2.0 is confirmed working with the affiliate links.

You can always reach out to affiliates@unity3d.com. Make sure you provide information regarding what you're seeing and they can try to get to the bottom of it.

Mauri and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  13. Jwolf

Jwolf

I have one conversion in 2018. It was on January 1st... This is not a big source of revenue, but still nice to see a little trickle in. Maybe I'll do some testing. I have a second account for work.

Good to know I'm not the only one seeing an issue.

Edit: The last conversion was at midnight on January 1st. Seems like that might be a time zone thing and was made in 2017... Maybe a reach but was interesting. Hard to draw conclusions from a data set of one. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. Jwolf

Jwolf

I did some testing with my personal and work account. I was able to purchase an asset via an affiliate link and could see the conversion show up.

However, I was unable to complete the purchase using Chrome. When I clicked the button "proceed to checkout" I got the spinning wheel icon on the button. I tried this several times and on two different days. I switched browsers and was able complete the purchase in Firefox. I do use an ad blocker on Chrome and not on Firefox. If this is truly the cause of the problem - and it seems like it may align with the new store roll out - this makes the Unity Affiliate program fairly useless.

A quick search shows a few (not a lot) folks having similar problems. If a user wants an asset and can't purchase it in a browser they are likely to make the purchase in Unity and then the content creators will not get credit for driving the traffic. Or does the asset store track affiliate links in the cart and not in browser cookies?

I'm willing to accept this is a statical anomaly and that everything is working, but I should have 4-6 conversions and I have 1. The chances seem slim. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the new asset store may have something to do with the change in conversion. Definitely bummed to lose a (small) revenue stream.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  15. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

seems this could be it!

Jwolf likes this.
  16. abdoubelbala

abdoubelbala

Interesting stuff, i am on unity from 2012, laziness and studies kept me from making games, i am now free finally.
    thank you unity.

user_unity_vr likes this.
  17. RjMaan

RjMaan

Great man. I love the affiliate programs.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello everyone, Paypal is not great but it is really unsafe and dangerous. PLEASE USE CREDIT CARDS LIKE VISA or MASTERCARD because it is good for security reason. That is why I want high safe. You know my brother said me - I am deaf and I can't hold money from Paybal because Paybal is dangerous. I never use and I no longer support for paypal. For me only Visa- or Master-Cards with high safe like ( eConTan Verify checker )

Thanks! Please ban PayPal! Now Germans never use much with PayPal because they are scared if hackers or scammers steal money....

19. QFSW

QFSW

Yeah no PayPal isn't getting banned just because you don't like it

Deleted member 1123102 and Mauri like this.
  20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Because Germany has security reason of any banks - if banks worry to customers if they don't have experiences like scammer get moneys from rich Germans that is why Germans need protect with money . PayPal is bad and is really dangerous - that is why I never allow that. I hold who use PayPal - I don't support if you use my android games made with Unity than you buy with credits to my items for examples.

You don't know why is PayPal very high dangerous?
    Check website with Germans
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2...mers-tricks-steal-your-heart-and-money?page=2
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...al-warning-Users-complain-look-like-scam.html

German Languages breaking news - If you haven't native Language German than you need website via translator
    https://www.google.com/search?clien...+Paybal+Betrügern+betroffen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Google result in German language
    https://www.watchlist-internet.at/news/der-paypal-trick-wie-verkaeuferinnen-zu-betrugsopfern-werden/
    https://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/video...nde-Online-Kunden-herein-article20594552.html

There German Language breaking news are high risk. That is reason. I never allow Paypal to Unity 3D - Please remember security reason for Germany - Who is clever like Japan = No problem
    USA = 90 % negative - need security reason
    Philippines = 40 % oh, oh, oh need security reason....
    Indian = 100 % negative - need security reason
    Germany = 100 % negative - need security reason
    Yemen = 100 % negative - need security reason
    and another more countries from 50 to 90 % negative - need security reason
    Japan = 0.2 % - eh, it is positive because Japanese are very clever and how do they evade again scammers.

21. QFSW

QFSW

Then don't use PayPal, don't expect the service to service to change though

22. Mauri

Mauri

LOL. Ever heard of Phone fraud (lovely called "Enkeltrick" in Germany)? Credit card fraud?
    If you don't like PayPal, then don't use it. But don't try to dictate organisations.

Use a strong password + 2FA and some common sense and you likely won't have any issue
    with getting hacked or scammed.

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Grrr I don't like PayPal .......

IT IS REALLY WRONG! - It is dangerous - My brother has happened with PayPal my brother will cancel PayPal account because it is really dangerous. Same my daddy will disconnects PayPal. They don't want have account of PayPal. It is very unusable for Germans. That is why my right - I have enough safest with eConTan with my own virtual phone number and notice who ( hacker or scammer ) than it will force to largest password and generated hidden code. Example hacker gets money from my visa card than it will note me who want get my money from visa card than I ignore him and I stay my money from my visa card until hacker can't get my money because it is very safety. PayPal is S*** for money laundry. But PayPal is expensive if you have sell game with PayPal you will forget you will pay up to 2 Euro since you get money from bought games. 2 Euro is too much. For eConTan is really free - and access to my home bank and my home bank will verify to my visa card - i have get money from bought games into my visa card than my home bank says "OK" to me. If I use money laundry and my home bank will ban my credit connection. It is very safe and carefully. It is very better than PayPal. If PayPal uses to home bank and home bank can get argue.....

That is reason!!!!

24. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Please calm down, we understand you don't like PayPal. My understanding is that affiliate payout is a bank transfer, and you're welcome to purchase assets with a credit card instead of a PayPal account.

Mauri likes this.
  25. Mauri

Mauri

You're right. You can only get a payout via bank transfer. There's no option to use PayPal.

@JensEckervogt I'm a German myself and I never run into any issue with PayPal. I bought Unity Assets with it, bought stuff on eBay (or other online shops) with it - never did something went wrong. You don't have to use PayPal: bank transfer is the only payment method for Affiliate payout, anyway. Plus, you can buy Assets with a Credit Card. I don't really understand, why you posted here...

26. Maccyfin

Maccyfin

Hey all. This past few days (October 11th 2018 to Oct 16th 2018 so far) I've not seen any commission reported in my performance horizon dashboard even though there's been clicks and conversions. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

27. CrystalConflux

CrystalConflux

Same issue here.

28. Maccyfin

Maccyfin

Anyone from Unity, any follow up or news on this problem. Its still the same. I've messaged the affiliate team 3 times over the past 2 weeks and not had any follow up on a fix.
    Can someone at unity please let us know what is going on. We've built up our unity affiliate network for the past year and a half. It was finally starting to do ok each month. And now its going straight back down to zero. I think you deserve to give your affiliates some news or update on whats going on. We've helped you make money over the past 1 to 2 years so let us know asap. Is it closing, is it a short term problem, have you cancelled our account, is it a problem on the performance horizon side?

Thanks

29. claudial

claudial

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Apologies for the late reply. We've rectified the tracking issue and have since batched in orders. You should see your commissions and reporting back up. If you feel that there is still a discrepancy please email: affiliates@unity3d.com.

30. claudial

claudial

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    We experienced a tracking issue that was affecting the reporting of commissions. The issue has since been fixed and orders from 10/10- date are current in the platform. If you feel there is still a discrepancy please email affiliates@unity3d.com

31. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Hello
    How to reapply to affiliate program? I'm asking this cause my first attempt to join this program has been rejected for unknown reason. I wrote to the support service, but they didn't answer me (I mean this email: affiliates@unity3d.com ). What I did wrong and what I must do to correctly join this program?

Can anybody from Unity help me out?

32. claudial

claudial

Unity Technologies

Hi Jandar-man, applications can be rejected for a few reasons:
    • Infringes Unity's or third-party trademark rights
    • Contains sexually explicit material
    • Contains hate, violence, or offensive content
    • Promotes discrimination
    • Promotes illegal activities or otherwise violating any applicable laws
    • Uses misleading or fraudulent means to prompt clicks
    • Includes an Unity trademark in your domain name
    • Includes other inappropriate elements (this is at Unity's sole discretion)
    We've emailed you directly to provide detail about your specific application. You are welcome to reapply at any time.

33. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Well,

I don't have any of these:

..or i'm missing something... please point me out where i'm missing something

So, I created corresponding groups and pages on Facebook (but I haven't site at this time). Can this be an issue? And how I can reapply? I mean what I must do to reapply to this program? I don't see any button in settings (or whatever) that points for reapplying or something similar to this... i'm confused guys...

34. Maybe you should read your email and answer/ask further questions there?
    Because:

35. Mauri

Mauri

Did you check the email claudial was talking about?

36. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Yes, I did. And (here is the content of the message):
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We regret to inform you that your application to join the Unity Affiliate program was declined.

Your application does one or more of the following:

If you remove the offending element please reapply to the Affiliate Program so that we can reconsider your application.

On the logistical side of things, your application may have been declined if you:

• Failed to provide a valid URL for your website.
    • Provided a URL to a website that is still under construction.

If you think your application was declined for any of these logistical reasons please reapply to the Affiliate Program with the correct URL to a fully functioning website.

If you think your application has been declined in error, contact Unity's Affiliates Program support at affiliates@unity3d.com.

Thank you,

The Unity Affiliate Team"

*this message is the only one that I received from Unity affiliate team. After that I wrote to them to this email:affiliates@unity3d.com / but haven't received any answer from them...

But, again - I don't have any of these:

I mean I don't understand - if I have ready pages and groups on Facebook - should this be enough to participate or not? And again - I don't infringe Unity's or third-party trademark right or something else, cause only thing that I pointed out - that my pages have suffixes like - "Unity Shaders" or "Unity 3d models". And if this is the case which why Unity rejected me, then please answer this question: How default user who is seeking for 3d models or shaders for Unity will figure out (only by group (or page) name) that this particular group or pages is dedicated for example for 3d models for Unity engine? I mean in case where user must be sure that he founded right page or group, there must be some pointing (in case of Unity) word that is telling this user - "Yeah, this is a page (or group) about -Unity- 3d models or Shaders, and not (for example) page (or group) about 3d models for 3ds max, Maya, or .... you name it...". I quess you got the idea

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  37. https://unity3d.com/legal/branding_trademarks

38. mgear

mgear

hmm.. since i got kicked out from affiliate also and that page says
    • You may use Unity Wordmarks to describe or to refer to Unity products or services themselves. (For example, to describe that you use Unity software as your development tool or to promote Unity software as a product.)
    • You may use Unity Wordmarks to describe or to refer to Unity products or services in connection with your products or services to explain that connection, provided that the explanation is true and accurate, Unity Wordmarks are not incorporated with the Trademarks of your products or services, and use otherwise complies with these Guidelines. (For example, to indicate that your product is “compatible with Unity software” or that your service is to provide “tutorials for Unity software”.)
    @claudial so any extra info why my website doesn't fit into those?
    as i do coding in Unity and promoting unity tutorials/stuff --> unitycoder.com ?

would be sad to rename that into insertgameenginenameherestartswithu-butnotue4-coder.com :]

39. Mauri

Mauri

https://unity3d.com/legal/branding_trademarks#prohibited
    You're using the word "Unity" in your domain.

40. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Wait a sec. - then how understand this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This website is not sponsored by or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates. “Unity” and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Especially part where - "This website is not sponsored by or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates."

How this site (my site, or anybody's site which main purpose is to participate in Unity's affiliate program) is not affiliated??? This looks like paradox, cause we creating our sites to be a part of this affiliate program. And then this page tells us that our site is not affiliated with Unity Technologies.

Unity technologies - please explain this

41. mgear

mgear

well its my job title "unity developer".. so if i want to promote my services online,
    i cannot say it? except maybe in a small footer, on a domain thats not related to it?

(sorry, just feels like a strange rule to me, i mean if you like Ferrari, you'd name your website ferrarifanboys.com or so,
    and i feel that its good promotion for the brand and the company.. since its positive stuff etc)

still anyways, not earning much from it so it doesn't matter, not worth opening new website.
    but i do hope they would give the old earnings out though..

42. Mauri

Mauri

@Jandar-man Sorry, my answer was for @mgear - I should've quoted his post :( I'm not sure what your issue is... Do your Unity groups or pages names contain the word "Unity"? If so, that might be the reason they declined your application.

@mgear It's just that your domain (!), unitycoder.com, contains the word "Unity" and that is not allowed.

As I'm not an employee of Unity Technologies, all of this is just my guess based on what info is given via the provided links above.

43. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Yeah, it was - I have changed it and now they don't contain word "Unity" in their domain name. We'll see how it can help now

And after I've done with that - One question still remain unanswered:
    How to reapply to affiliate program?
    I mean what button I must press and where to find this reapply option?

*I'm asking this cause I looked everywhere in settings (on partnerize) and haven't found it...:confused:

44. What?
    When you talk in real life, the difference is negligible, but when it comes to using other people's IP for marketing and then demanding their money too? :D LOL That's bold.

BTW, you're as much Unity Developer as Microsoft Visual Studio Developer (or whatever IDE you're using). You aren't. You are a developer who knows how to use Unity and VS.

Just try to open up a website: ferrari-mechanic.com or something like that, then go to Ferrari and ask them for money, let's see how quick their lawyers are...
    And your site isn't a fan site, you're intending to cash in. You're a business.

45. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Guys - how to reapply to this program?

46. CrystalConflux

CrystalConflux

47. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

48. CrystalConflux

CrystalConflux

How did you get an account if your first application was rejected?

If I remember correctly an account will be created for you once you're accepted.

49. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

That is what i'm talking about. I already created account on partnerize - and then (after 4 days or so) I received e-mail that my application was rejected. The thing is that account is exist and I cannot create another one with the same name. That's why I pointed on it when i asked this question

So - in this case - what option do I have? Create new account with other name than existing one?

upd: omg, lol - seems I can't create another account (with another name) on partnerize. What tha hell is happening here?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  50. Jandar-man

Jandar-man

Ok - new questions. Can't i join without a website?
    I mean - do I must create a real website? And does that mean that facebook page or group is not a website for you? Yep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.