Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Adventure Creator or Adventure Game Studio

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by VFranklin, Aug 9, 2017.

1. VFranklin

VFranklin

Hi, I want to create a point and click game (ideally in Unity). However, many people have told me that a 2D point and click game in Unity is rather difficult which caused me to use Adventure Game Studio for a point and click game. AGS uses C++ instead of C#, and I would love to create a point and click in Unity instead. I found the Adventure Creator (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11896) in the Asset Store and thought it might make point and click game creation easier. Should I use Adventure Game Studio or the Adventure Creator for Unity? I mainly felt that AGS was better because it was free, open source, and had notable games like Gemini Rue, Resonance, Quest for Glory 2, etc... Adventure Creator lacked notable repertoire . Which is better to use for 2D point and click?
    Thank you.

2. Fundata

Fundata

Hi,
    I've been researching exactly the same for days and asking around the same question... Just curious.. have you made a decision since? Please share your experience :)

3. zyzyx

zyzyx

4. Fundata

Fundata

I was looking for an engine that allows me to publish my game on a website once it's finished. I just found out I can't really do that with Adventure Game Studio. It would be possible with Unity though right?
    What about Visionaire? Do you know ?

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Adventure Creator is compatible with WebGL builds.

zyzyx likes this.
  6. Fundata

Fundata

okay. thanks :)