Search Unity

Unity Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Elzean, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Elzean

Elzean

I started to add Unity Ads into a game, i got the video on screen but i couldn't skip it. In the admin panel i set it up to 5s (it's the default). I have a dev setup for an ios title and testing with an iphone5 (ios 7), my app is not on the appstore yet.

Do i need to do something else to be able to skip an ad ?
    Is there a way to have sometimes pics and sometimes video ? (for moment i only have one or the other)

What is your experienced with this system ?

2. Elzean

Elzean

It's been a while now since no ads is showing up anymore. I though it could be because of the limit as explained here : http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/FAQ/faq-integration
    Problem is i can't find a way to put it in "test-mode" seems like it was an older version option, am i missing something ?

3. Elzean

Elzean

The ads started to appear again now, so i guess it's about that limit.
    Does someone know how to remove the limit for testing ?

4. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Elzean,

The real live campaigns have specific cooldown periods and frequency cappings that you might see during testing.

We'll update our Asset store package so that you will be able to get unlimited number of test ads this week.

Regarding skipping of the videos: Could you send me your Game Id, and I'll take a look at your configuration in database.

Cheers,
    Heikki

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. Segrel

Segrel

Hi,

There was a bug in the configuration handling, causing errors in video skip. It is now fixed and you should be good to go :)

6. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Anybody still experiencing problems with video not skipping properly:

Go to your Games -> Click your Game -> Monetization settings -> Advanced settings -> Select the placement you want to change -> Settings and check and re-save your configuration.

Cheers,
    Heikki

7. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Hey Heikki,

How do I get it to only show video ads? It looks like you can pass some param inside Advertisement.Show()

Am I correct in using videoZone?

Advertisement.Show("videoZone", new ShowOptions {
    pause = true,
    resultCallback = result => {
    Debug.Log(result.ToString());
    }
    });

8. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Yep, you're on the right track.

The string that you pass when you call the Show method ("videoZone" in the example you provided) should be the Ad Placement zone ID. If you want to leave it open ended, you can pass null in place of the string value (or don't pass any parameters at all for the same effect). This will cause the default Ad Placement zone to be shown. You can set the default zone under the Monetization Settings tab for your game profile in the Unity Ads Admin.

To show only video ads for any of the Ad Placement zones, select the Settings button to the right of the zone. From the Placement Overview screen, select the Video icon to make the zone a video zone, and uncheck to disable the option to "Allow picture ads when no video ads are available."

Now that you've customized the settings for your zone, to show this zone in your game, pass the zone ID for the zone as a string when you call Advertisement.isReady() and Advertisement.Show();

Code (CSharp):
    1. string zoneID = "defaultVideoAndPictureZone";
    3. if (Advertisement.isReady(zoneID))
    4. {
    5.     Advertisement.Show(zoneID);
    6. }

Attached Files:

9. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Thanks!

It looks like there is something I am not seeing in the Admin panel. I'm looking at the help docs and it says these placements should be automatically generated for you.

• default placement: Video ads, skipping enabled after 5 seconds
    • Rewarded placement: Only videos, no-skipping allowed
    • Picture only placement: For places where full video ad-experience would not fit.
    When I look at ad placements under my game ID there are no placements showing? I've attached a screen grab below of what I see.

On another note I am not able to login to the ads network with chrome and have to use IE.

Attached Files:

• ads.PNG
      ads.PNG
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
  10. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Hmm, not sure why chrome isn't working for you. Perhaps try Firefox?

Also you're using the Unity Ads Admin, not the Applifier Admin, to check your zone configurations, right?

I've double checked the zones for your game ID, they are there. When I get access to a Windows system, I'll try checking with IE to see if this issue happens for me as well. Thanks for the heads up.

11. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Yup works in FF so must be an issue with IE and Chrome. I never use IE it's just the page doesn't load at all in Chrome on PC.

Thanks!