Search Unity

Unity ads - thief

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by nareshbishtasus, Mar 26, 2021.

1. nareshbishtasus

nareshbishtasus

Hi, I have created and published one game so far on the play store. I released my game "Sky Siege" on 31-May-2019. The game didn't do well on the play store as expected. I used unity ads in this game. I'm so frustrated with unity ads right now cuz, the unity ads team know that most of their users are never gonna make $100 in 6-7 months and they also know that most of their users are just gonna publish the game and after publishing never gonna update the game with new ad network in the hope that someday their game will make $100, so what unity ads do is they never pay you for the revenue your game generated before 6 months from the present date. For example, I have published my game on 31-May-2019 but now on 27-March-2021 when I open the unity dashboard I can only see my revenue for the last 6-7 months. In the last 6-7 months I earned around $22 but I can say for sure that from the release date of my game I should have easily earned around $80 cuz new games perform well when they are released.

If you are planning to use unity ads please don't. Spend some extra time using AdMob or any other network it will be worth it. I'm never ever using Unity ads again neither my friends.

Also, the dashboard of unity ads is one of the worst I have seen. Even a 2nd-year student can make a good insightful dashboard than unity ads dashboard.

Game link:- Sky Siege: Battle Game – Apps on Google Play

TL;DR: Never use unity ads. Thank you.

grozail likes this.
  2. xjjon

xjjon

I agree with using other network as the Unity eCPM is very low. We still plan to keep Unity but it's through mediation so usually show AdMob or Facebook instead.

But you can actually see your history past 6 months from dashboard.

Dashboard -> monetize -> finance

It will show month by month history for you