Search Unity

Unity Ads Test Mode

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Fir3stormStudio, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Fir3stormStudio

Fir3stormStudio

So I released our game a couple days ago and have noticed no revenue even with over 200 ads. I noticed a check box when going through unity ads code called Disable Test Mode. After looking through the script the test mode should only work if 2 things are true. This Disable Test Mode is not "ticked" and the build is a development build.

As the build is not in development mode does that mean test mode is disabled as if this is not the case and test mode is enabled I need to patch it quick smart.

Thanks

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

If you're referring to the UnityAdsHelper script, Test Mode is only enabled when Development Build is enabled. This is a safeguard to prevent from accidentally shipping your game with Test Mode still enabled.

When Test Mode is enabled, you won't see stats for adrequest, starts, or views. If you are seeing starts and views, keep in mind it's common to see no revenue for the first 1000 impressions. Although it is possible to see revenue early on, it typically takes 5000 impressions to reach an average eCPM of $6 to $12 (depending on regional price points and advertising plans).

3. Fir3stormStudio

Fir3stormStudio

Thanks nikkolai thought that might have been the case. Panic over lol