Search Unity

Unity Ads skip button bug

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mfdemir, Sep 12, 2019.

1. mfdemir

mfdemir

Hi, I'm using unskippable rewarded ads in my game and I've noticed that some (real) ads allow to click close ad button earlier than expected (before the timer reaches to zero) and if user clicks the close ad (or skip) button quickly, ad closes and result callback returns UnityEngine.Advertisements.ShowResult.Failed. I've tried using Advertisement 2.0.8 and Advertisement 3.2.0. This bug occured on both versions.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@mfdemir,

The majority of ads you receive should respect the skip setting you set in the placement settings; however, some of our ad partners in our Unified Auction do have custom behavior, where their own skip button will be shown on all creatives.

It may seem odd to have inconsistent behavior with the skip button, but this was a tradeoff we made to get these partners in our auction. And the fact that they are showing in your game, means that they are willing the pay the most at the time of your ad requests.

You should still be able to use the ShowResult to determine if the reward should be granted.