Search Unity

unity ads service status. network down?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by tencity, Sep 16, 2017.

1. tencity

tencity

Hi - is there a service status website for the ad delivery network?

I'm developing an app and my rewarded video suddenly stopped working on android, ios and in the editor.

'isInitialized' and 'isSupported' both return true, but isReady() is always false. Even with testmode enabled. It's been going on for the last few hours and I'm sure I haven't changed anything in that area.

It would be great to be able to check on the service status. Or if anybody knows something I might be doing wrong?

thanks.

2. seventythreeers

seventythreeers

Same here! You are not alone!!

3. frog_dev

frog_dev

Same here :( Can't get any ads and dashboard was down.

4. tencity

tencity

Back now for me. One just worked on my android phone anyway.

5. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct, it's back again now. Sorry for inconvenience.

And thanks for feedback about status site, I'll figure out what our plans is for that.

/Rasmus

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

We are actively working on a status site (have just seen the internal beta). To be made available "soon", however no estimated release date yet.

/Rasmus

tencity likes this.
  7. seventythreeers

seventythreeers

Not trying to blame anyone here.... I spent a few hours looking at my code to try find the problem until I saw this post... it was a relief actually.

8. BugBoss

BugBoss

Sorry for the Bump.

I'm currently experiencing some problems with UnityAds test video. It's not being exhibited and I can' open a ticket for the issue through UnityAds Dashboard (error 504 Gateway Time-Out).

Is the service down?

EDIT: Forgot to paste something from logcat that I think it might be helpful

Unity Ads server returned no fill, no ads to show, for placement: video​

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  9. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

In my game, it's supposed to show an ad to the player every third death. But it seems like it's not showing ads very often or at all with some cases. My code checks that Advertisement is initialized and that an ad is ready. I've also placed UI notifications giving the status of the ads and it seems like the ad just isn't being played at all. Theres also no documentation on why ShowResult would give failed so I'm not sure what to do. All my testers have strong internet connections so I'm not sure what would cause this.