Search Unity

unity ads sending data to wrong organisation

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by copperwaif, Oct 7, 2015.

1. copperwaif

copperwaif

I have two organisations set up in unity, one has no games in the unity ads window, the other has 1. That game is the only game published and therefore is the only one that must be earning money. This money is sent to the wrong organisation - the one that has no games. As well as this, all the other data for the app is being sent there.
    How can I fix this in such a way that I won't lose any money, and I wont lose any other data?
    Thanks

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Assuming you are using Unity 5.2. If not, please let me know which version you are referring to.

What do you mean by the "Unity Ads window"? Unity uses the Game ID as link between the game and Ads backendfor showing and registering watched ads, so I don't get how you could end up sending money to the wrong organization.

Generally it sounds like you should go to https://dashboard.unityads.unity3d.com/ for your "right organization" and set up your games there. Then use those Game IDs in the Services window in Unity.

See http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAdsHowTo.html for some information on how to enable this in Unity 5.2.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. copperwaif

copperwaif

I'm using unity 5.2 basically, when I go to the unity ads website, my earnings and data are displayed on one organisation, which has no games added there. The other organisation, which the game is linked to in the unity project, however does have the game added but shows no data. The data that should be shown on that organisation is shown on the other.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Can you please PM me screenshots of this including information about game ids and organization name?

5. copperwaif

copperwaif

How can I pm you?

6. copperwaif

copperwaif

ok, i think i have found my problem. The organisation that i want the data to be shown on the unity ads dashboard has the wrong game ID. How could i change this game ID? Would i have to delete and then re-create the project in the unity ads dashboard?
    thanks

7. Rasmus Selsmark

Rasmus Selsmark

You cannot change Game ID in dashboard, but you have following options from the Services window in Unity 5.2:

- Unlink you project and re-link to the other project. After you have done that, go to the Ads part of Services window and verify that correct Game Ids are being used. If not, just change them. By linking to the correct project, you are also sure e.g. Analytics data is using the right project

-Rasmus

8. copperwaif

copperwaif

My project is correctly linked to unity analytics, those project ids match. I changed the game id of the project from the services to match the one shown on the unity ads dashboard and now they match, but the unity ads dashboard project id is different to the one in the unity services window. How can i change that so that ads, analytics and my project itself are all using the same project id?

9. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

1. Open https://dashboard.unityads.unity3d.com/ and find your project in the list
    2. Use the game ids from that project in your game

For backwards compatibility reasons, we're still using game id's for Unity Ads, and not the project id from the Unity project. This however also gives the flexibility of being able to still use e.g. existing game ids for already shipped versions of a game.

-Rasmus

10. copperwaif

copperwaif

Just to double check, for unity analytics i need the project ids to match in editor and dashboard, for unity ads i just need the game ids to match in editor and dashboard.
    Is this correct?

11. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct

12. RSH1

RSH1

This isn't working in Unity 5.3.4f1. Clicking the "Unlink project" button in services does nothing.