Search Unity

Unity Ads rewarded video without a button

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by SamTyurenkov, Dec 8, 2019.

1. SamTyurenkov

SamTyurenkov

At first I tried rewarded video button implementation, but it turned out I cant dontdestroy on load, because the button wasnt a root object.

So I implemented another script from docs.

With bool testmode true it works well, displaying test ad screen. But with bool testmode false - nothing happens, looks like button doesnt respond.

Sidenote: i just enabled unity ads and just enabled ads in google console.

Should I just wait, before its enabled on my account for real ads to appear? Or something doesnt work?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Do not use production ads during testing. This will get caught by our fraud system and your account will be locked.

It takes time to download and cache an ad before it can be shown.

Can you share the script you are using? Also, do you have a device log available? This will likely tell you what the issue is.

3. SamTyurenkov

SamTyurenkov

Well, you do know that when you upload production builds to Google Play, they are covered with automated test, where random screen taps happens, and they actually trigger production ads eventually.

Ads started working the next day by the way. So it's ok.
    The only thing I don't like, is a deprecation notice:

I tried to just change Monetization with Advertisement and add "using" statement, but it didn't work, so I just keep the deprecated way for now.