Search Unity

Unity Ads Reviews

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by vivoilpazzo1, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Unity Ads for monetization

1. Perfect

28.6%
  2. Decent

46.2%
  3. non recommended

25.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomahawkppc

Tomahawkppc

How can I make it work on the Google Cardboard? Any ideas?

2. allangamesxbr

allangamesxbr

Unity Ads is great! I am satisfied with the CPM and the integration is very easy. The only problem is the request for payments, I think it should be verified more quickly and deducted from the account balance.

I received my revenue without problem three or four times, but I requested a payment on January 4 and until now my account balance was not deducted. I know the payment is done 30 days after the invoice is received by Unity, but the previous requests were fast in deduction and I am starting to get worried about it.

Anyway I believe Unity is a honesty company and should be a temporary problem.

3. Brutusomega

Brutusomega

Did anyone notice a decrease in revenue in January?

4. allangamesxbr

allangamesxbr

Yes, the same here! I think it's normal, I began using Unity Ads recently, but it always happens every January with others ad providers that I usually use. I believe the inventory is lower on January because advertisers spent a lot of money on December.

5. Brutusomega

Brutusomega

In your experience, how long does it take for the revenue to return to normal?

6. allangamesxbr

allangamesxbr

It usually takes 20 days to begin increasing again in Adsense and LifeStreet for example. Of course the normal value takes a little more, but after 20 days the CPM begin to increase. I work with flash games since 2005, but I started in 2015 with mobile games, anyway I think all ad providers (web and mobile) work the same way and their inventory should drop in the same moment.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  7. pokeking

pokeking

hi, i'm making a game, and i tested Unity ads on it. Does the view number count when i watched video now, or it start when my game up to store?

8. allangamesxbr

allangamesxbr

The view number is counting even when the game is not in the store.

9. danydavidpr

danydavidpr

Using the new unity ads system is causing my game to crash when compiled for android, when i remove it then the game does not crash
    unity version 5.3.1f1
    is there e a fix for this?

thank you

10. Lucates

Lucates

Unity adds are joke- Watching add with sound with no skip for video ad an the get 0 $
    If i roll adds by u i pay for this 0.30 to 1 $

explain this to people uni dudes!

qikplay and danixp like this.
  11. ahmed_ezz012

ahmed_ezz012

can i select the number of ads that i want to appear to user in active session

12. TylerCode_

TylerCode_

It was easy to implement, easiest I've ever seen. This has prompted me to be more interested in the mobile platform. So there is that. I'll cast my vote in a couple months with my experience.

13. ahmed_ezz012

ahmed_ezz012

after i get 5000 IMPRESSIONS .
    How much money i will get ?

14. dth

dth

How much video views or installs can I get with $100 for example?

anyone?

15. Mostafaashraf92

Mostafaashraf92

I have very low revenue i don't know why am a developer from Egypt targeting middle east.any help ?

Attached Files:

16. KhmerDude

KhmerDude

I have a problem with unity 5 ads so on a scale of 1 to 10 i give it a 0. If I resolve this problem I still give it a 0. seeking solution

17. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

How long does it take for Stats to show in Project Overview?
    I'm a little concerned because there was issues with migration and I need to know if Unity Ads is still viable or if I should just change over to a different ad system.

18. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

I just played a game with Unity ads where I could opt to watch a video ad to get some items/currency after each level.

I played about 20 levels and watched 1-2 videos after each one as the game would allow and now I'm told that there are no more ads left.

Now I can't get the items needed to progress.

Consider selling cheaper ads and placing them after the premium ads because now my only option is to uninstall the game.

19. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

It seems that you reached the ad limit per day : 25 ( https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/faq/monetization )

As a developer this is a problem because we have to manually track this case, inform the player about the limit maybe, and this may not be easy to use another service. It would have been better first if we could use the API to know about the current state of the limit !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  20. pKallv

pKallv

Oh, so there is a 25 view limitation per player? ...didnt know that.

21. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Using the Advertisement.IsReady method should be sufficient. Our goal is to simplify the integration as much as possible, making it easy to integrate with Unity Ads.

I agree, it might be a nice feature to know how many ads are left in the queue. You would still need to use the IsReady method to determine if they are able to be shown (i.e. evaluate network reachability, cache/stream ready state, etc).

When designing your game, do utilize ads for player engagement and monetization, but be careful not to rely on them for any gameplay progression since the availability of ads cannot be guaranteed.

22. dgb435

dgb435

Unity Ads is ABSOLUTE garbage. With Admob alone, I get more revenue in one day than with Unity in three months. I made my users waste 2 entire days of watching ads non-stop (5661*30/60/60/24 = 1.97) and you value that at 2.11$? 2 days is 48 hours, that means the average salary you attribute is 4 cents per hour (2.11/48 = 0.04)? Not a single country on Earth, not even North Korea, values someone's time and effort less than that. It does not even come close to slavery, because a slave has to be fed, which costs more than 4 cents per hour. You invented an exploitative dictatorship of your own. Luckily, it's a very weak dictatorship, one that can easily be broken away from. As soon as I have time, I am switching to a different ad network. Nothing can be worse than that.

Bilgisoft likes this.
  23. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

I think there is a major variable that you may be overlooking here: how are users seeing ads in your game?

From your stats alone, it appears you have rewarded ads implemented; ad requests are high compared to video starts (meaning most users either aren't being shown ads, or aren't opting in to watch ads), and you have a high completion rate (likely because ads are not skippable). This is good.

How many unique users per day do you have watching ads, and how many ads are each of them watching each day? The answer to these questions can help you tune your ads integration to be more effective.

As I'm sure you know, the more ads a user watches, the less effective they become. Player engagement tends to have a pretty rapid falloff for ads. I would recommend trying different approaches to showing ads, testing which integration yields better results, using analytics to measure those results and gain better visibility on how users are viewing ads in your game. This can give you insight into how you might further improve your ads integration and increase earnings.

If you are still interested in using Unity Ads, or even just improving your current monetization strategy and the quality of your game, I'd recommend checking out this post. The author of the post was in a similar situation. The responses may be helpful in your case as well. Some responses address Unity Ads specifically, while others can be helpful in improving any aspect of your game.

We do apologize for the frustration. It's completely understandable. However, we are willing to work with you in any way we can to help you improve your earnings through Unity Ads. We only succeed when you do.

24. lbddk

lbddk

I hava a
    I have a question about Unity Ads.
    Why ads has a own ID with out connected with application ID?
    I made a mistake by setting the right link app but forgot to reset the ads ID for each platform.
    Did you think is not so necessary that use different between serviceID and AdsID?
    I hope Unity can let it as same.

25. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

@lbddk: The confusion surrounding these IDs is completely understandable. I'd like to apologize for this up front. We are working to improve on this though.

Unity Ads currently uses a separate game ID for each platform in order to identify the platform and profile configuration that should be used to serve ads. These are now grouped under and associated with the Unity Project ID, which is what the Services window in Unity is configured with.

If the Ads service had not been previously enabled for a Unity Project, a new set of game IDs will be created for the project the first time the Ads service is enabled. These can be viewed and changed under the Advanced area of settings for Ads in the Services window. You can of course create these in the Unity Ads Dashboard as well, and then link to the project in the Services window.

Once your game is released, you can provide us with your store details, which will provide us with your store ID.

26. ababab5

ababab5

27. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Yes, those fields should both have game IDs in the, for profiles configured specifically for the respective platform. Unity Ads won't be able to initialize for the specified platform without the game ID.

When you enable Ads in the services window, game IDs are automatically generated. If somehow the IDs were cleared, you would need to enter them back in there by looking them up in the Unity Ads dashboard. After logging into the dashboard, select your project to see the list of platforms with game IDs.

28. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

In fact it takes about 2 or 3 hours to have this filed complered.

Thanks!

29. ScorpDeity

ScorpDeity

I wish I could select perfect because the implementation is easy. I have a minor and a major disappointment however. The minor: Last I checked, Amazon still requires their own API, so I still have to maintain separate builds. Also, I do incorporate banner ads, extremely non-intrusive, so I have to include Admob anyway. More tracking and analyzing.

The major: When I first put in video ads as incentive, unlocks theme features for a period of time. During approximately the first two weeks that the update was published, I earned $3.33. Since that time, which has been a couple months now, my views have consistently gone up, yet I have not earned a single additional penny. Someone else said they make more from Admob in a day than the video ads in months, and I can vouch for that easily. My admob revenue with simple banner ads is running circles around the video ads - which are being viewed - and it should be the other way around.

I understand that it depends on views, click throughs, all of that. But to generate earnings consistently for a short time, then absolutely nothing after that? There is something definitely wrong somewhere. For now, I'm resorting to giving the unlockable features for free, simply to increase the draw which will help admob where I do actually earn each day.

flintcheeze likes this.
  30. tuandq77

tuandq77

Dear Unity Support.
    Sometime with 3G network, I can't load ads when show.
    I want Load video ads when open game and save offline and show it later.
    What should I do ?
    And Why Unity ads haven't statistics chart by daily ??

31. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Morning all,

I was hoping to find a list of what countries are supported by unity ads. (ads running in that country) My app has suddenly got a lot of traffic in Iraq but i cannot see them on my dashboard.

Andy

flintcheeze likes this.
  32. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Is anyone around from unity support to answer question above? ^^^^^^ Or link to best place to ask.

Bilgisoft likes this.
  33. Ohyouknow

Ohyouknow

34. SidRed

SidRed

Hi,

We have integrated Unity Ads previously with the old plugin and the ads worked like charm. Now that based on the googles request we have opted for its latest Android sdk and also upgraded our Unity Ads plugin to 2.0 and built the game for Android Devices.

We have been testing the game for Unity Ads, and its not frequent - We do not see ads frequently and once we dont fetch an ad from Unitys Android Inventory they are never fetched again in the consecutive game progress.

Please note that the Unity test ads are working perfectly in the above scenario. The live ads when tested are not fetched regularly which was never the case before while we were testing for iOS and also previous android builds.

The question is - Is there an incompatibility of Unity Ads serving for latest Android SDK or is there a problem in the new Unity Ads 2.0 plugin sdk itself. Please help us as we are unable to understand where the problem is - If there is a problem with our script then, even the unity test ads shouldnt be fetched.

We are getting delayed for our launch due to this peculiar problem with Unity Ads. Please help and give us a support at the earliest.

Thanks,
    Sid.

Bilgisoft likes this.
  35. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

Why is there a low payment even though the number of users increases and the watched percentage of winning videos is 95%?

Total time for video viewing is over 60 days. Only $ 4 to pay?

In all of your forum explanations, it was stated that you paid $ 6-12 for 1000 views, where is the minimum $ 6 paid?

We devote all our time to mobile game development. If you continue this way, I think I will remove unity ads. Because we have seen that it is a waste of time for our users and that it has no financial significance in us.

Will a credible and scientific explanation come from an authorized person?
    You had 1000 views in the last 24 hours, you showed more and more falling, and eventually no pay for 735 videos!

We started to feel like we were officially used as slaves or really stupid. People spent 60 days in total to track these things.

Would you please return in a descriptive manner?

Attached Files:

www_3dart_es likes this.
  36. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

Your explanations are not at all satisfactory. You treat it as if you do not know the prize of advertising. A user can track up to 25 ad cards and receive a reward. As a result, you are paying for posting videos from the advertising company, and they are being watched to the end. Where is the problem? Do not you see different videos of different ads for the same user? I invite you guys not to fool people and to be faithful.

www_3dart_es likes this.
  37. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

well said i agree!

Bilgisoft likes this.
  38. VictorQianUnity

VictorQianUnity

My suggestion is that Unity should only hire programmers who use to work for banks or nuclear silos to work on Unity ads, ads directly linked to money, it can not afford to have any problems.

And from my experience with Unity Ads, its just not that reliable. For me it's just $200 losses in couple days, but image you have a hit game. It just not worth the risk.

39. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

Are there any most competent person?

You do not understand me at all or you do not want to understand.

Which 5000 notions you're talking about.
    I have almost 14,000 impressions in this game.

We keep showing award-winning video ads to people over 15 days.
    Our user count is increasing day by day and now around 2000 award-winning videos are watched daily.
    In the last few days all the values have been upset. Why is it down to $ 0.15?

Please someone seriously review all the graphics in this game and write back.

Could it be such an illogical system?
    As the number of players, the number of individual sessions and the rate of viewing of advertising videos increase exponentially, our revenue is moving towards zero.

We're even thinking about leaving this ad network.

Please take a look at all the pictures I sent and write your answer.

Your template answers you sent to me do not convince me.
    Please review and write.

Or pass it on to the most competent person.

I'm happy if you answer in a hurry.

have a nice day.

Attached Files:

www_3dart_es likes this.
  40. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

Is not someone serious about this forum?

Where's Admin?

Why are our questions hanging for days?

41. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

why cant u remove unity ads and stars using adcolony or admob!.they wont answer!

Bilgisoft likes this.
  42. Daahrien

Daahrien

Unity Ads revenue is laughable. The eCPM is ridiculously low. Most days I make $0 revenue, even with 500+ impressions.
    With the $6-$12 eCPM they promise, that should be $3-$6 but its $0 :/

Bilgisoft likes this.
  43. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Seems that the revenue can take up to 7 days to reflect. And it also have a "step data" of 23 ads to trigger the statistics. Anyway, more of the time it can show many impressions but you don´t see any revenue by a long time. And surprisely one day is shows 5$ revenue at once from "magic".

I have a game using Unity ads since 2 years ago, and If I download the Raw data in CSV format, I can see that I made:

Global Report:
    Adrequests 7087
    Available 7041
    Started 2531
    Views 934
    Revenue 34.58$

Wich is a very good Revenue. But If I Download it by countries, I can see by example:

ES (Spain?):
    Country tier: 3
    Adrequests 1105
    Available 1105
    Started 347
    Views 125
    Revenue 0.06$

US (usa?):
    Country tier: 1
    Adrequests 1955
    Available 1955
    Started 830
    Views 298
    Revenue 26$

AR (Argentina?):
    Country tier: 5
    Adrequests 460
    Available 437
    Started 86
    Views 43
    Revenue 0.27$

I don´t know what is the "Country tier" field, but seems to be the quality of the users. If it is so, it don´t make sense too.

ES with a Tier 3 made MUCH LESS money than AR with a tier 5 (and AR have much less Started and Views Ads).

We need a clarification to this, this is not transparent to us.

I can understand that some campaings are "by click", others by "1000 views", but I don´t understand that a country ES (if it is SPAIN), it have EURO, and EURO is stronger than DOLLAR (or in this date, it is around equal value).

In the AR (Argentina?) case, their currency is much lower than EURO or US DOLLAR.

why AR made MUCH MORE MONEY than ES?
    why ES made MUCH LOWER MONEY than the others two?

This is a kind of "YOU MUST BELIEVE US BECAUSE THIS IS THE REPORT AND IT IS SO..."

Bilgisoft likes this.
  44. kevin5141

kevin5141

Hi.
    Ads stopped working in unity, I'm not sure if I am banned or what. I didn't know I shouldn't watch or click on my own adds. I'm still new to this. Is there anyway to know if I got banned, or what I should do from here?

45. kevin5141

kevin5141

Please Help!

46. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

What do you understand this stuation.

I dont give a really revenue since long time.

Please answer like humanly after see attached pic.

Are you going through the wave with us or are you using us?

Attached Files:

47. breban1

breban1

Here is my review, I have been using Unity Ads for ~20 days now. I am using Unity Ads and AdColony.

Here is the link to my game if interested in trying out the ads in a real world scenerio:

Master Bass Angler (Android):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GoldHelmGames.MasterBassAngler

Unity Ads:
    >5k impressions, $11.50 eCPM, near 100% fill rate

AdColony:
    ~3k impressions, ~$2 eCPM, near 100% fill rate

No complaints from customers about the quality of the advertisements. I have pretty much switched to 100% Unity Ads after seeing the eCPM of AdColony.

My biggest complaints about Unity Ads:
    - Unity Dashboard needs a lot of work. Getting into the details is painful at best, I can't stand generating reports.
    - Unity Payouts. You have to send an invoice to Unity Ads, money is wired to bank. Would be nice to have PayPal or ACH transaction WITHOUT invoicing.
    - After a Unity Ad runs on some Android devices my framerate goes from 60fps down to ~42fps, never recovers. Here is the link to the post: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/framerate-drops-after-unity-ad-runs-android.426008/

From my experience, I would highly recommend Unity Ads. There are some flaws, but I'm hoping they get ironed out over time. I haven't tried AdMob, Chartboost, etc. so take that into consideration.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    www_3dart_es likes this.
  48. breban1

breban1

You can set up test devices in Unity Ads Dashboard. This allows you to receive ONLY test ads on your devices. There is currently a bug that sometimes shows a real ad, but they are looking into this. You can even test a download, it links to a unity app on the app store if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely DON'T click on a real ad if one comes up or else you're asking for trouble.

49. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

You was make an ad your game :).. You not have new user this methods.
    I sample pic from real world too.. You can see to pic..after write

Attached Files:

breban1 likes this.
  50. breban1

breban1

Wow, I see what you are saying, that is low. My dashboard doesn't have a breakdown by Country, so I'm not seeing that detail. My dashboard doesn't show the eCPM either, I am calculating by hand.

I mainly have my game in the USA, maybe that is the reason?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.