Search Unity

Unity Ads registrant vs. bank account holder

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by grit, Jun 3, 2016.

1. grit

grit

I am about to integrate Unity Ads into my project. I already integrated Unit Analytics before using my own Unity ID, which works great. I had set up an organziation named as the company I am doing the app for inside my Unity ID dashboard and added the director of the company there as a manager, thus he can look into the data.

While reading the documentation and monetization information about UnityAds I noticed this statement:
    "The bank account must belong to the same entity/person who is the registrant of the UnityAds
    account. The you are requesting wire to other account, there is a high risk it will bounce."
    (https://secure.applifier.com/unityads/files/PaymentRequest-UnityAds.pdf)

Since I am developing the app for the company as a freelancer, the earnings obviously should go to the bank account of the company / the director of the company – and not to mine. I am now wondering what I should do to prevent money transfer problems:

- Is it enough to have the name of the company's director as an owner of the company (in addition to me) inside my Unity ID to prevent transfer poblems? (I am still the Unity Ad regsitrant, not him.)
    - Should the company's director rather set up his own Unity ID for the ad services and I should link my project to that one instead? However, what happens with the Analytics setup and data inside my own Unity ID I have already linked the project to? Would I have to setup up everything for that from scratch again inside the Unity ID account of the company's director? Or can the link to "my" Analytics dashboard still persist? (I assume not.) Or is it possible to transfer the Analytics to another dashboard?
    - And is it even possible to link the project services to the other Unity ID of the company's director although it differs from the Unity Pro license I am using linked to my own unity ID?

What is the right way to handle this?

(I am using 5.3.4f1 btw.)