Search Unity

Unity ADS or Google ADS ?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by MerhatPandzharov, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerhatPandzharov

MerhatPandzharov

Hello !
    As you see from the title i want an advice what to use unity ADS or Google ADS i am new and i don't know which one is better for a game.
    Regards!

unikeg likes this.
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Well, of course I would recommend Unity Ads, as I'm working for Unity, but on the other hand not really familiar with other ad networks, from game developer perspective.

At least we at Unity try to make ads as easy to integrate into your games as possible and at the same time make sure you also get a failry good "eCPM" (i.e. how much money you make from showing ads - see http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/02/02/ads-monetization-overview), both aspects of making it easy to develop games and helping you become successful doing so.

Hope this answers your question. Developers from community are welcome to provide input in this thread on Unity Ads compared to other ad networks.

/Rasmus

Chause and unikeg like this.
  3. MerhatPandzharov

MerhatPandzharov

Hello Rasmus Thank you for taking your time and answering me i know that you probably have a lot of work to do to keep this awesome game engine working and i apretiate that :)

xdchillbro likes this.
  4. MerhatPandzharov

MerhatPandzharov

now i am having problem when i type on my ad Script
    using UnityEngine.Advertisments; it says namespace is not found but i already import the assets i dont know what is wrong maybe because i am using visual studio but dont know please help :)

5. unikeg

unikeg

Hi man! In my opinion, every network or ad format has some pros and cons. I'm a publisher and have several games (mostly 3 in-a-row and puzzles), I've tried both platforms (Unity Ads and AdMob), and would agree with Rasmus, that they really make easy to integrate ads, really so.
    Of course, results depend on a game, nevertheless I would recommend you to take a look at monetization in order to get max possible revenue. I'm using Appodeal at the moment, they provide access to a greater number of networks (Unity Ads, AdMob, Chartboost, Applovin, InMobi, OpenX and many others) with 1 SDK, and I'm pretty happy with the results I get, so I recommend them.

Cheers!

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Make sure you're building for either iOS or Android. Otherwise use e.g. #ifdef UNITY_IOS || UNITY_ANDROID to mark the Ads related code sections, to avoid compiler issues.

/Rasmus

junaid109 likes this.
  7. qq543246541

qq543246541

Use admob and unity ads at the same time. unity ads only ads format video,admob include banner,institial,video and native ads.you can use both as admob unity ads plugin code

pasxalis1709 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.