Search Unity

unity ads only show not real advertisement

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ghost123_1234, Apr 30, 2015.

1. ghost123_1234

ghost123_1234

hello
    So i wanted to test my unity ads thing so i created an real quick app where you press a button and the advertisment shows

But i only get advertisement from unity ads itself and not from real advertisers

is that because i didnt putt my app in the store yet?

Hope you guys can help

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

It's because you are initializing Unity Ads with test mode enabled. You only see test ads when test mode is enabled.

3. Slowboy

Slowboy

Hi Nikkolai, my game is released on iOS app store, but I am still only getting the placeholder test ads. I read from another of your posts that there is a failsafe so that test ads can not be shown on a released game.

I am using a Playmaker action to show the ads. Test Ads is checked in the action - I realise that I should have unchecked this before submitting to App Store, but according to your other posts, Test Ads is only enable if the build is also a Development Build. As I understand it, it is impossible for me to submit a Development Build to the App Store? In any case, the build submitted was definitely not a Development Build (according to the Build Settings at least) and Test Ads was definitely checked (ON).

Should I be waiting a few days for the real ads to kick in, or have I done something very wrong?!

Thanks
    Wayne

suzianecundiff likes this.
  4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

This only pertains to the UnityAdsHelper script. I've written a failsafe into the script to only enable test mode when Development Build is enabled in Build Settings.

There is another failsafe server-side. You can now override your test mode settings from the Admin.
    1. Select your game profile from the Games page.
    2. Select the Monetization Settings tab.
    3. Select the Show Advanced Settings button.
    4. Scroll down to the Ad Test Mode section.
    5. Select the Change button.
    6. Select the Force Off option.
    7. Select the Save button to save these changes.
    With the Ad Test Mode set to Force Off, your game will serve production ads only.

5. Slowboy

Slowboy

Nikkolai, I'm sure you are already a legend to others, but now you are a legend to me too! Thanks!
    I guess you really second guessed us and decided that you really did need to make this idiot proof!
    Many thanks from this idiot right here! ;D

6. Filippopotamus

Filippopotamus

Nikkolai, we are actually on the same boat. Our game Cliffy Run launched today and we are only getting test ads worldwide. Right now its a mess with the old and new dashboards both being live, with one able to do certain things, the other being able to do other things. Regardless, on both dashboards the stats are empty and we are only getting test ads. Help :(

We have already Forced Off all test ads on the old dashboard. They new dashboard doesn't seem capable of doing that yet.

nellysugu likes this.
  7. whogas

whogas

Just adding here for anyone that finds this, that the override is currently available in the new dashboard, it just might be a bit harder to find than what is shown above. You have to click on a specific platform (e.g. Apple App Store) and then select "Settings" to find the options listed above.

1. Select platform. ("Apple App Store" for example)
    2. Select "Settings"
    3. Set "Override Client Test Mode" to "ON"
    4. Make sure that the radio button for "Force test mode OFF (i.e. use production ads) for all devices"
    5. Click "Save"

proggrkim likes this.
  8. Gyroscopik

Gyroscopik

Hi I understand all , just a question of begin of this post, My game need to be publish on market to see real ads?
    At moment I can't see real ads, and I set up my test device with the IDFA, but nothing happens, I initialized my test mode in false.
    Thanks.

9. Gyroscopik

Gyroscopik

Hey! now works like a charm, I restart my device because the ads don't appears and the changes on panel can take a minutes.
    Well... I guess that the test devices help if I initialize my code with test mode TRUE, and with this only I need register the device without build again, only to test.

10. Poemind

Poemind

I've went into the new dashboard to do this but the option is greyed out fo some reason... Any ideas why that might be?

umarswl likes this.
  11. GameDBharat

GameDBharat

Hi Nikkolai, I have published my game on google app store .I have problem with unity ads. Ads can be seen in small resolution device but coming to High resolution device ads are not appearing regularly.i have unchecked test ads in unity services. can you help with this plz.

12. NINADHAJARE

NINADHAJARE

Hey EveryOne....I have a same issue like this..i tried all the things shown in the forums....In my apk built i only see unity test ads.
    Settings i have done :
    1. In the Dashboard my "Override Client Test Mode" to "ON"
    2. The radio button for "Force test mode OFF (i.e. use production ads) for all devices"
    First i have this Force test mode On for testing ads on my device but when i turn it Off once i have seen real add in my apk but after that Force Test Mode is being off i have not showing my real ads only unity test ads are showing.
    3.In unity Services tab, Test mode Enabled i tried both enabling and disabling this check box nothing happens.
    What should i do Please suggest anyone i have search for this at many places....

Note :Both the playstore and apple IDS i have written Right

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.Advertisements;

public class UnityADs : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public static UnityADs Instance;
    private string playstoreid = "XXXXXXX";
    private string appleid = "XXXXXXX";

private string InsterstialAd = "video";
    private string RewardedAd = "rewardedVideo";
    private string BannerAd = "banner";

public bool isTargetedPlayStore;
    public bool isTestAds;
    // Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
    Instance = this;
    InitialiseAdvertisement();
    StartCoroutine(ShowBannerWhenReady());
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    public void InitialiseAdvertisement()
    {
    if (isTargetedPlayStore) { Advertisement.Initialize(playstoreid, isTestAds);return; }
    Advertisement.Initialize(appleid , isTestAds);

}
    public void adshower()
    {
    if (!Advertisement.IsReady(InsterstialAd)) { return; }
    Advertisement.Show(InsterstialAd);

}

IEnumerator ShowBannerWhenReady()
    {
    while (!Advertisement.IsReady(BannerAd))
    {
    yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.5f);
    }
    Advertisement.Banner.SetPosition(BannerPosition.BOTTOM_CENTER);
    Advertisement.Banner.Show(BannerAd);
    }
    }

Please Help me in this Matter

13. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

@NINADHAJARE Check your UnityADs object in the Unity Editor. It could be your "isTestAds" public variable is still set to true. You may also have your device registered as a test device on the dashboard - if this is the case then that device will always receive test ads, regardless of any other settings.

14. ZombieLuka

ZombieLuka

Hi Nikkolai, as well as doing this do i need to change the public bool isTestAd; in my code? Thanks in advance

15. ZombieLuka

ZombieLuka

Hi there, when publishing my game do i have to change the public bool isTestAd; as well or just untick is test add in the inspector tab? Thank you in advance

16. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

When calling this line of code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisement.Initialize(id, isTestAds);
    The second parameter controls whether you receive test ads or not. However the variable isTestAds is set depends on your project, but it should be false to receive live ads.

ZombieLuka likes this.
  17. ZombieLuka

ZombieLuka

Many thanks Kr for clearing this up for me.

18. FlurinJenal

FlurinJenal

Nikkolai's solution works perfectly for me, simple and easy!