Search Unity

Unity Ads not working on Android ( Google Nexus 10 )

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by richardzzzarnold, May 22, 2015.

1. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

I have Unity Ads working in the editor fine, but whenever I build on Android there is nothing there on the device.
    I did a test with the UnityAdsDemoSimple on the first scene with nothing else in the scene.....in the editor fine....but no-show on build....I have UniBill....

Any idea what could be wrong?

This is the manifest:

<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifestxmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"package="com.unity3d.player"android:installLocation="preferExternal"android:versionCode="1"android:versionName="1.0">
    <supports-screensandroid:smallScreens="true"android:normalScreens="true"android:largeScreens="true"android:xlargeScreens="true"android:anyDensity="true"/>
    <applicationandroid:icon="@drawable/app_icon"android:label="@String/app_name">
    <activityandroid:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity"android:label="@String/app_name"android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    <intent-filter>
    <actionandroid:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
    <categoryandroid:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activityandroid:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"android:label="@String/app_name"android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    </activity>
    <activityandroid:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity"android:label="@String/app_name"android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    <meta-dataandroid:name="android.app.lib_name"android:value="unity"/>
    <meta-dataandroid:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik"android:value="false"/>
    </activity>
    <activityandroid:name="com.unity3d.player.VideoPlayer"android:label="@String/app_name"android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    </activity>
    <activityandroid:name="com.outlinegames.unibill.PurchaseActivity"android:label="@String/app_name"android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"/>
    </application>
    <!--patchedmanifeststartshere-->
    <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
    <uses-permissionandroid:name="com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE"/>
    <uses-permissionandroid:name="com.android.vending.BILLING"/>
    </manifest>

2. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

You are missing at least access network state permission.

<uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>

3. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Yup
    I just changed the manifest a little while ago to the following however it still did not work.
    Maybe,its....I seem to have 2 AndroidManifests.....one in Plugins/Android and one in Plugins/Android/UnityAds
    The first one opens in MonoDevelop and the second opens in Xcode for some reason...
    I tried deleting the one in the UnityAds folder and it didn't seem to like that very much.
    I combined them and left it in the UnityAds folder ....it builds....but still no unity ads....

Last edited: May 22, 2015