Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question unity ads not showing while app is live on google play?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by BitCrushed, Jul 29, 2023.

1. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

Hi , can anyone help me please i don't have any idea what is going on anymore , i have a game on google play store , and i have unity ads integrated in to the game , i only used banner ads .

Now during development when force test mode was active , i got test ads on my device with no problems , however , ever since i published the game on google play store and forced real ads mode , i have not been able to get a single ad shown on my device while running the store version .

my ads reporting shows 11 requests and 1 impression , however when i filter the results to my banner ad units , it shows 0 requests and 0 impressions.

I have no idea how to know if the ads work or something else is wrong , because i cant get any ad shown from the live app on my device , i have read mostly on other replies from similar posts that it could be because ads aren't available in my region , however how do i know if that's what's wrong ? And how do i fix that ?

If i cant fix that or whatever it is , then it seems like unity ads would be useless if it cant serve ads in all regions ?

2. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hello @BitCrushed,

If you see the test banners in Test Mode, then your integration is likely correct. The most common cause of not getting banner ads is lack of available banner demand. This would be expressed as "No fill for placement" errors.

Many of our banner advertisers will only bid into games that have implemented the app-ads.txt file correctly. This file is a standard that has been developed over the last few years to combat fraud and create transparency in the advertising market. More info can be found in our documentation:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/app-ads-txt-support

However, even with app-ads.txt implemented, the availability of banners will vary greatly by region. We continue to ramp up banner demand, but a lot of that improvement has been focused in specific regions, so not all countries are seeing banners available.

If banners represent a major issue for you, I would recommend investigating other options. Unity Ads is supported in all of the top mediation platforms, and many do have support for our banner ads:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/mediation

3. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

Good day Carl , thank you for the response .

I would like to clarify some more information , when you say :
    "The most common cause of not getting banner ads is lack of available banner demand"
    and :
    "However, even with app-ads.txt implemented, the availability of banners will vary greatly by region."

Does the same situation exist for interstitial and rewarded ads too ?

4. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hey @BitCrushed,

Rewarded and Interstitial ads can also run into the lack of availability issue in some regions. However, Rewarded and Interstitial ads are more abundant in our network.