Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Ads just stopped working altogether (Advertisement.IsReady() always returns false)

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TylerJoGames, Sep 11, 2021.

1. TylerJoGames

TylerJoGames

I was puzzled because the Ads system broke when I didn't touch a single line of code related to Ads; I just played with in-game UI. Then I played my game, which had been published on PlayStore already, and that's when I realized that Unity Ads doesn't show ads there either. It worked perfectly when I published it three days ago.

My adb logcat shows that Advertisment.IsReady() ALWAYS returns false. I ended up unpublishing my game, and it's painful. I was quite excited to have my very first game up on Play Store.

Along with changing my UI code--which does not interact at all with the Ads-related code and hence at least to me is not the culprit--I did change some settings on my Unity Dashboard, such as "Mediation Partner" and "Acquire Optimization." As far as I'm concerned, those settings are irrelevant to showing ads as they're there simply to boost my ad efficiency.

After going through this happening, I set those settings back to what they once were, but still I'm getting the same result: Advertisement.IsReady() is always false

Any help is appreciated

2. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @chojames500, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

You should be able to receive fill now. Please let me know if that isn't the case.

3. TylerJoGames

TylerJoGames

I can go ahead and check now, but can you tell me what was going on? It seemed so random and I'd like to know what the problem was so I can prepare for such happening next time

4. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @chojames500, thanks for asking.

We're still investigating into why exactly this happened. Basically, for whatever reason, your app had null eCPM floors. I applied a workaround to your project - all I did was create some arbitrary eCPM targets for you via the dashboard and then removed them.