Search Unity

unity ads in china

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by toto2003, May 16, 2017.

1. toto2003

toto2003

hi unity, our game is in soft launch in several country but not in china, we notice it pop up in a android playeform from china. Will unity ads would work there?

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

China is tricky, but we're getting there. You can't access Google Play from China, so there will be a Chinese marketplace where the advertised games are. After we've acquired enough advertisers - we'll go live.

toto2003 likes this.
  3. toto2003

toto2003

i mean our game is already distributed in china by a chinese market place, would it mean that unity would work?

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Unity Ads will eventually be running there, but not yet - the service is taking its first steps in China and needs to gather enough advertisers to go live there. Before that - you shouldn't be able to make money from Chinese players using Unity Ads.

lmbarns and toto2003 like this.
  5. Inboxninja

Inboxninja

Hi, is there any update on this?

SaltwaterAssembly likes this.
  6. SaltwaterAssembly

SaltwaterAssembly

What about for iOS? Thanks.

7. CardboardComputers

CardboardComputers

8. tonych

tonych

Hi, I'm encountering a very similar problem, my ads has impressions in China but the eCPM is 0.
    I noticed there seems to be a program to receive revenue with an email address listed (chinaads@unity3d.com) but this email appears to be dead. Is there anything I can do to gain ads revenue with Unity ads from users in China?

9. JasmineS_Unity

JasmineS_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @tonych,

Unity now have apk download ads in China, hence can explain the impressions.
    But eCPM is affected by impressions, views, clicks, and installs, so it's possible of ads impressions with 0 eCPM when impression number is small.

If you want to further check if any issue with your ads data in China, please raise a ticket to unityads-support@unity3d.com with your project info, and we'll further check for you.