Search Unity

Unity Ads Game ID

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Carrel, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carrel

Carrel

Hi, my game is almost ready to be sent out into the scary wide world! I'm on the final phase of uploading the screenshots ect to itunes connect. When adding my game to Unity Ads, I've chosen the option unpublished ios game, as it is currently unpublished! but when I eventually publish, and I make the change to the game in the Unty Ad Consol, will my game ID in unity ads change? can i change it's condition to published or do i need to create a new game ID? or will there be something else to change? It's probably a stupid question as that would mean I'd need to immediately update my game with the new codes, which doesn't make sense!
    Also the application ID that it asks for, which ID is that exactly? the bundle ID? (com.company.appname) or the number 'Apple ID' for my app, then there's the SKU and other IDs it could be referring to... I've tried entering these but get the message 'Look up failed. Please check your Application ID. If your application is not yet in the App Store ect' (normal as my apps not published yet I know, but worth a try!)

I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing, don't want to release an app with the wrong application ID so that all the eCPMs are thought to be the game in test mode so don't earn anything!

so my question is, the short version, when publishing my game, i then go to unity ads, click on my game, click 'add details' enter my application ID and all will be good?

thanks in advance and look forward to reply from the great Unity community!

Vyper_Studios likes this.
  2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

You're on the right track.

Your game ID will always remain the same. When you change the published status of your game in the Unity Ads Admin, the Application ID refers to the numbered Apple ID for your app. It can only be validated after the game has been published and a valid URL to the store page exists.

Thanks for asking!

vipnour198 and Carrel like this.
  3. Carrel

Carrel

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick response and good advise, I should have known Unity would have it sorted!

Taulant21 likes this.
  4. Carrel

Carrel

Actually I have another question, on submitting my app I'm asked, by apple,
    Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?
    does it? and if so what should i check after with the other questions that come? thanks in advance for your response

5. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Carrel,

Yes, UnityAds uses IDFA. When submitting to the review process you should select (I cannot remember the exact wording)

This application uses IDFA to serve advertisements within the app

Cheers,
    Heikki

Taulant21 and unity-nikkolai like this.
  6. intaj_cse

intaj_cse

Hi,
    I want to use UnityAds for Video Ads in my game. but it asking for game id. I develop for android . I am not able to test ads . is there any way to test ads using UnityAds and where i found the game id.

thanks in advance and look forward to reply from the great Unity community !!

Intaj Ali

7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

When you log into the Unity Ads Admin, your game IDs are listed next to your game profiles.

You can view test ads in your app by enabling test mode within your integration code. If you're developing natively for Android using an IDE like Eclipse, simply call UnityAds.SetDebugMode(true) within your integration script. If you're developing for Android within Unity, you can enable test mode during when initializing Unity Ads by passing true as a second parameter to the Advertisement.Initialize() method.

If you're looking for a few integration examples, feel free to check out and use this example project:
    https://github.com/wcoastsands/unity-ads-demo

8. Nadan

Nadan

Are there different Game ID:s for Unity 5.2 games now? Now I use the ads from the build in services and I set the Game ID:s in Advances to same as they have been before and as I can see in my dashboard, but they are not working. Instead there are this new ID's under Unity 5.2 Games that have this (1) behind the name of my game. Have these been automatically made? Should I use only them now? Can I rename the name so there won't be (1) behind the name?

9. Kamran-Mahmood

Kamran-Mahmood

IS this game ID

Attached Files:

• ww.JPG
      ww.JPG
      File size:
      57.9 KB
      Views:
  10. vsp01996

vsp01996

Where I can get my game ID

IgorAherne likes this.
  11. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@vsp01996

To find your Game ID:
    1. Visit the Operate dashboard: http://operate.dashboard.unity3d.com/
    2. Click on the Projects link on the left navigation to get to your project list
    3. Find the project you want the Game ID from.
    4. Click on Settings -> Project Settings on the left navigation.
    5. The Game ID for each platform will be listed at the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.