Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Ads failing to load on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by zaid_unity90, Aug 28, 2019.

1. zaid_unity90

zaid_unity90

Hi the Unity ads on our android build seem to be failing to load on android, they seem to work fine on IOS. Here attached is a screen cap that I got from log cat...

As far as I can tell it manages to receive an ad plan with a single campaign. But something happens when trying to load the actual ad content?

#edit: Just a quick update. I've tested the build with another device and it seems that the device that I'm testing on has this problem..
    - the problem device is a Samsung S10+ running on android 9.
    - the other device was a Xiaomei phone also running on android 9, it seems to run the ads just fine..

I'll try testing on other devices if I can get my hands on them... So the question now is what is causing the ads to not run on that particular device?
    Logcat RR Ad error cap.JPG

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. olivecrow

olivecrow

same issue. but i can't see your image

3. zaid_unity90

zaid_unity90

I edited my post so you can see my log capture better. As for the broken link image icons, I've been trying to remove them, but nothing seems to show up when I try to edit my post to delete them...:confused:

As you can see a illegal state error was raised and detailed that the 'inflater' was closed...

Basically something happened when the app was trying to decompress/download the ads. After that ads would just fail silently in the app because the related media just doesn't exist.

The rest of the top logs shows that the app was able to talk to the Unity ads service and successfully make a request to an ad campaign which is why I didn't bother posting any application code of how unity ads was implemented in my app, that and the fact that the ads do run on other devices not just the one I mentioned..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@zaid_unity90

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. I have tested Android 9 on Samsung S10+.

Were you able to confirm if this is an issue on other devices.

For your Samsung S10+, is there free space available on this device? If there is no space available, perhaps the ad wasn't able to be cached on the device.

5. zaid_unity90

zaid_unity90

Hey a response :)

Since my last post it now successfully plays one ad and that's it, any other ads fail silently and again it's only on my phone the S10+, all other phones are ok. I haven't been able to get my hands on another S10+ but suspect I that my phone is blocking read/write access to the drive... not sure what's causing it, but since it was an isolated incident I had other stuff on my plate and I haven't revisited it since...