Search Unity

Unity ads (everyplay) how i make money <.< ???

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by FabrizioSpadaro, Sep 15, 2014.

1. FabrizioSpadaro

FabrizioSpadaro

Can some one explain me how does it work?? why i got 1.05$ with 107 impression and 25 completed and 0$ with 143 offers and 39 completed

Attached Files:

• what.png
      what.png
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
  2. theBundyXVO

theBundyXVO

Contact the staff, it's probably some bug thats gone unnoticed & I don't believe any normal users can help out with this one.

3. FabrizioSpadaro

FabrizioSpadaro

ok i did it..

4. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Belva,

Copy-pasting relevant info from our FAQ. If something is unclear do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Q: I have integrated UnityAds and have 100 impressions recorded. Why am I not seeing any revenue yet?
    A: Typically it takes 5000 impressions or more to determine the quality of the users you are sending. You will be getting revenue based on the quality your users and the impressions you are showing.

Q: Do I get paid on completed video views or based on installs I deliver?
    A: UnityAds generates revenue through generating views and traffic from your game, and you get paid on that.

There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated to you as we run different types of campaigns (with different billing points, ie. completed views, clicks or installs).

Our system always selects the best (ie. in terms of money) possible campaigns for your users.

Q: How often are the statistics updated?
    A: Hourly statistics are updated a few minutes after the hour and daily statistics 15 minutes past UTC midnight.

The report you can access on the admin panel is not realtime. Report is updated in hourly, but the revenue information from the ads can take up to seven days to be reported back to our system.

Cheers,
    Heikki

sokkhim likes this.
  5. FabrizioSpadaro

FabrizioSpadaro

ok but the main question is... why i got 1.05$ before reaching 5000 impressions

6. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

The 5000 limit is something we keep as "if you don't make any money when reaching 5000, then something is really wrong" type of limit.

Basically: "Don't worry about the numbers, but DO contact us IF you got > 5000 ads views without any revenue"

Cheers,
    Heikki

ger678rich likes this.
  7. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Oh yeah, the main question: "Why did I make money": One of your users generated a billable event that has already been reported to our system. Once we get reported a billable event, we will add it to your revenues. (updated hourly etc...)

Cheers,
    Heikki

8. FabrizioSpadaro

FabrizioSpadaro

ookk all clear now ty ;)

9. georgeli

georgeli

My game has Unity ads. A few days after the game got released, my account showed me that the game had earned $1.80 revenue.

But a few more days later, I logged in my account and found that all the numbers were $0.I submitted a support request, but got no answer.

A couple of days later, I checked my account and found that the $1.80 revenue had come back.

One week later, the figure was $0 again.

Can anybody explain this to me? It really makes me feel uncomfortable using the system.

10. crol

crol

Ad requests: 2752
    Videos started (started): 449
    Videos completed (views): 126
    Revenue: $ 0.77
    Bad start =(

11. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Not necessarily. You only have 449 starts and 126 completed views. With 2752 ad requests, I'd venture to say that you're not showing ads during every game session. An ad request is generated when Unity Ads is initialized.

Typically it takes 5000 impressions or more to determine the quality of the users you are sending. Revenue is generated based on the quality your users and the impressions you are showing.

Visit our Knowledge Base for more details:
    http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Frequently Asked Questions/faq

AAAAAAAAAE, bwilson21 and Salazar like this.
  12. Dj_Zuczyslaw

Dj_Zuczyslaw

My games stats:

Game 1 (Trollface Platformer 2D Free Android) :
    Ad requests: 765
    Videos started: 24
    Videos completed: 10
    Earnings: $ 0.00

Game 2 (Angry Trollfaces Android):
    Ad requests: 977
    Videos started: 82
    Videos completed: 34

Game 3 (Trollface Rope And Bazooka iOS)
    Ad requests: 1104
    Videos started: 34
    Videos completed: 5

Game 4 (Trollface Rope and Bazooka Andrid)

Ad requests: 2070
    Videos started: 137
    Videos completed: 57

I got also another games with unity adds...

I started to use Unity Ads 5 months ago and still earned 0 $.
    This is seek :p

13. Salazar

Salazar

@Dj_Zuczyslaw Hello,

Could you please share the download stats of your games. So we can compare in fair.

Regards,

14. Dj_Zuczyslaw

Dj_Zuczyslaw

Hello! yes, of course. Ok, one of my games started to make some money .It started to earn money when it had something like 4300 Ad request. Now it's have 5428 Ad Request and do not earn money every day.

Trollface Rope and Bazooka - Google Play Android:

Actual Downloads = 579
    All downloads = 2655

Ad requests: 5428
    Videos started: 306
    Videos completed: 133
    Earnings: $ 3.90
    4 July = 1,8 $ (8 videos completed)
    5 July = 0 $ (5 videos completed)
    6 July = 0 $ (6 videos completed)
    7 July = 0 $ (1 videos completed)
    8 July = 0 $ (1 videos completed)
    9 July = 1.8$ (8 videos completed)
    10 July = 0 $ (8 videos completed)
    11 July = 0,3$ (7 videos completed)
    12 July= 0 $ (10 videos completed)

Trollface Rope And Bazooka - apple store iOS:

Actual Downloads = n/a
    All downloads = 626

Ad requests: 1219
    Videos started: 38
    Videos completed: 9

Angry Trollfaces Free - apple store iOS:

Actual Downloads = n/a
    All downloads = 237

Ad requests: 621
    Videos started: 20
    Videos completed: 6

Angry Trollfaces Free - Gogle Play Andoird:

Actual Downloads = 58
    All downloads = 403

Ad requests: 1230
    Videos started: 102
    Videos completed: 40

Trollface Platformer 2D Free - apple store iOS

Actual Downloads = n/a
    All downloads = 254

Videos started: 27
    Videos completed: 12

Cheers!

TylerDean3211 likes this.
  15. Salazar

Salazar

Hello @Dj_Zuczyslaw

Your revenue looks normal , with these stats. Dont take offence but your download stats are really low like my stats , to generate a real revenue with ads.

You have 2 options here ;

* You can make better polished games to drive traffic to your game ads,
    * You can make beter better polished polished games and sell on market,

This is the problem :)

Regards,

16. Dj_Zuczyslaw

Dj_Zuczyslaw

Hehe :) . Yes, you're right :). I think that good cash from ads begins if apps have more than 100 000 downloads or 1 000 000 :(. We must to try and create something cool :).

Cheers!

17. Extro

Extro

Ok, I have more then 5000(even more then 10000) impression and almost two weeks of showing.
    And I see zero revenue for some days and low revenue at all.
    Is it the final data? Or I should wait more? If not final, how it will be updated? Revenue for already passed dates will be increased on the diagram or it will be an accumulated revenue data for one of the ultimate days?

Attached Files:

18. ThoZ

ThoZ

@Extro
    Yeah, your stats look strange compared to mine

Attached Files:

• ads.PNG
      ads.PNG
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
  19. Extro

Extro

Thanks, @ThoZ
    What is the period?

20. ThoZ

ThoZ

1 month

21. Lucates

Lucates

Your ads are only on the world who calculate eCPM on 5 k impresion.
    All calculating at 1000 impresions. Explain this is joke for people to get money on small developers for nothin.

Please developers from unity paste here how eCPM is calculated in mathematical way to check my self if this working!

22. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Ads revenue eCPM is calculated per 1000 impressions. As Heikki wrote earlier in this thread, 5000 is our "initial threshold" to make sure to have a reliable "sampling rate" for eCPM in the individual case. I've seen games getting (small) revenue before reaching even 1000 views.

-Rasmus

23. Oracle_123

Oracle_123

I have used many ads network in my games. I concluded that only admob is the best option.All others ads network are not paying good like admob.

24. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@Oracle_123, ok and good luck with your game. You are of course welcome to provide additional feedback about Unity Ads

25. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Currently I have ~2700 videos started, ~2600 completed (only rewarded ads in my game), revenue/eCPM calculated for only one data (Germany : 4 videos, or maybe an install ?) : total revenues 1.5$ !

My first question is about the data who generated this revenue ! I don't know why this is the only revenue calculated and where does it come from exactly (one/some/all of those 4 videos started ? completed ? or maybe an install ?). I know from the FAQ that "there's no 'one unified way' of pre-calculating the revenue generated", but is it really too difficult to have more details on the source of the revenue.

My second question is about all those others videos started/completed ! The FAQ said that maybe we will have to wait for ~5000 impressions "to determine the quality of the users you are sending" (quality of the users ?), but my account will be updated for all those first datas ? Even the very first video started/completed need to create a revenue, isn't it ?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  26. Nirav-Madhani

Nirav-Madhani

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION -

Can i use one game ID for more than one android games ?
    Please reply urgently .
    Thanks in Advance

27. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@Nirav Madhani:
    Short answer: You can use same game id, but it's not recommended as our algorithms won't be able to distinguish between the games, and therefore might not show the best ads for the users.

(I've provided a longer answer in another thread here at forum, but cannot find it now...)

PS. Please create new forum threads with recognizable title, instead of reusing some random other thread :)

28. GuilhermeFranco

GuilhermeFranco

Hi, i have 1750 impressions, 410 completed = $0,05

REALLY?

29. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

@GuilhermeFranco, keep in mind we recommend a minimum of 5000 impressions before we can effectively analyze performance for your game. Your current impression count is still very low. Your completion rate is also fairly low.

I'd recommend reading through this recent thread. It looked as though he was doing everything right, but still wasn't generating much revenue. There was one very important thing I overlooked, though.

In this case the user had specified with his project that he was targeting children under the age of 13, which is a setting we have in place for COPPA compliance. When this setting is enabled, we are not able to use behavioral tracking to serve ads that are more relevant to users on a user specific basis. This can have a significant impact on performance.

If your game is not specifically targeting children under the age of 13, DO NOT enable this setting.

rasmus-unity likes this.
  30. Quantum_Surt

Quantum_Surt

Hi, please, where can I find the graphics you are showing with the revenue and completed ads ?

31. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

32. Quantum_Surt

Quantum_Surt

Okey, but I don't see it, can you precise ?

33. FAMinigames

FAMinigames

Admob? hahaha Admob is ridiculous, they show the same ADS for one month to the same user... the user never will click in a ads of shoes in a game, but a ads of game in game is better for me...

34. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@HellSon, select your project -> Statistics, then you see a table like this:
    upload_2016-9-19_8-32-50.png
    Is that what you are looking for?

/Rasmus

35. pKallv

pKallv

Can u please define "quality of the users"?

36. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Ads is an ad network like any other where advertisers has preferences (similar to e.g. some advertising spots on TV are more expensive than others), and as you can see from other posts and questions in the forum, e.g. there is different eCPM for different countries.

Hope that clarifies it.

/Rasmus

37. Tab1bit0

Tab1bit0

So, if an app will never reach 5000 impressions then the revenue will remain forever at 0?

38. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Not necessarily, but your eCPM probably won't "stabilize" until you reach that number of impressions

39. nayeemjunaid

nayeemjunaid

@HeikkiTunkelo

What exactly is a "Billable" event? Can you please elaborate on this?

40. activeuser

activeuser

No, I won't use this kind of ads anymore. In my app I exchange completed video watch to item(which cost money). But there is no revenue at all, and not safe to use. Decided to remove unity video rewards ads.

UNITY3D_TEAM likes this.
  41. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

Trollface Platformer 2D Free - apple store iOS

Actual Downloads = n/a
    All downloads = 254

Videos started: 27
    Videos completed: 12

why he havent got any earnings?. 12 ad completed?.its a bug?.he should have atleast 12$ or 6$ .thats the deal .?

we dont get money for impression also ?. he got 765 request.may be he should got 0.05$ for request

can i know why he havent got any earnings explain me thank u!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  42. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

same here

43. jiangzhen

jiangzhen

Ad requests count isn't impression count , it just add the count when game start.
    765 request but 27 videos started means the game don't show ad frequently

44. creativeshyam

creativeshyam

same here

45. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Revenue is generated based on a combination of views, clicks, and installs. There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated by your game, as we run a wide variety of campaigns on our platform. Over time, we optimize your game's ads to improve ad targeting, and increase your revenue.

Consequently, it takes around 5000 impressions to see consistent, predictable revenue in your game.

Our system always selects the best possible campaigns -- in terms of revenue -- for your users, which is why Unity Ads is able to deliver higher-than-average revenue per daily active user (ARPDAU).

More details are available in the General Monetization FAQ section of our Knowledge Base:
    http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/faq/general

If you're curious about the efficiency of your integration design - feel free to send us some information to unityads-support@unity3d.com.

Please provide a description of your core gameplay loop along with how you've added ads to the game flow and how you reward the player from ad impressions. We can then review and optimize the integration together if necessary.

46. Daahrien

Daahrien

I have reached the 5000 impressions milestone with my games, took me less than 2 weeks. I still don't see the "stabilized" eCPM. I still see 0 eCPM and 0 Revenue even tough I have lots of videos started and finished. How much longer should I wait?

Some days I do have some revenue, thats probably because of the "billing events" that were mentioned earlier in this thread, but... I don't think that revenue is enough. I will wait another 2 weeks, if I don't see a favorable change I will switch back to Airpush.

47. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

What do you understand this stuation.

I dont give a really revenue since long time.

Please answer like humanly after see attached pic.

Are you going through the wave with us or are you using us?

Attached Files:

48. dehdar

dehdar

Woah impressive numbers. Congrats with your game :) ePCM seems very buggy when looking at your ss.

49. MrCrumbl3d

MrCrumbl3d

How about mine? Im still earning some money with my users but im not even reach 5000 impressions? My impressions is about 100+ but it also stop in 2 - 4 days i dont know why. My main question is why im still earning with 100+ impressions and why it stop in about 2-4 days? And also what happen if i reach 5000 impressions? That's my questions sorry if it's too much questions im so new in Monetizing :)
    Stats1.png Stats2.png

50. terry213

terry213

I used playmaker to incorporate ads for my game and while my statistics show for Apple App Store, nothing shows for the google play store