Search Unity

Unity Ads Error Causing Cloud Build to Fail

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by poolts, Sep 16, 2015.

1. poolts

poolts

I'm getting the following error when iOS is building to Cloud Build (the build works locally).

Code (CSharp):
    1. [xcode] /BUILD_PATH/ingg.we-r-football-staging.default-ios/temp.8j9nLK/Libraries/UnityAdsUnityWrapper.h:7:9: fatal error: 'UnityAds/UnityAds.h' file not found
    2. 565: [xcode] 1 error generated.
    3. 566: [xcode] ** BUILD FAILED **
    4. 567: ! build of 'default-ios' failed. compile failed
    5. 568: Finished: FAILURE
    6. Status: FAILED
    I've tried adding (to line 95 in UnityAdsPostProcess.cs):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. dependencyList.Add ("DeviceInfo.framework");
    As some people suggest, but not sure if I have explicitly add the UnityAds header file.

I'm on Unity 4.6.8p1 and the latest Unity Ads plugin.

Many thanks, Alex.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi Alex,

Created a simple test project with latest Ads asset store package, and that builds without problems on Cloud Build using Unity 4.6.8f1. You can see the source code at https://github.com/rasmus-unity/CloudBuildAdsTest46

Just to be sure, have you added files in Assets/Plugins/iOS/UnityAds.framework/Headers to your repo?

-Rasmus

3. poolts

poolts

Hi Rasmus,

I've checked the repo and yes the files are there. It's so weird that a local build works absolutely fine. Funny enough, last night it suddenly came up with same error (locally) but I updated to the latest Unity Ads plugin and it went away (and has done since). I wonder if there is some post process that is messing it up.

Atm, I have no idea how to get UCB working to find the header file :\

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

So it still fails when building on UCB? In that case, can you try to make a small repro project, which you can share with us for investigation?

/Rasmus

5. poolts

poolts

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Ok, I'll continue the thread there. However would be good if you can provide an example of a project which fails to build on Cloud Build. I got my project above to build, so I believe it's possible to make it work.

Thanks,
    Rasmus