Search Unity

Unity Ads don't work properly on IOS 13 (beta)

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Jbs_GameZone, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbs_GameZone

Jbs_GameZone

Hello everyone,

The unity Consent Ad cannot be seen on the screen (either it is not displayed or it is displayed outside of the screen) and the rest of the UI elements (whatever you have in the game) cannot be interacted with anymore.

This only happens on IOS 13 (beta 1, 2 or 3), tested on IOS 11 or 12 and works fine.
    This only happens if the allowed orientation is restricted to Landscape (Project settings > Player > IOS Settings > Allowed Orientations for Auto Rotation). If I also allow Portrait than the Consent Ad is displayed ok regardless if I keep the phone in Portrait or Landscape mode, but this is not a solution for me since I need to restrict it only to landscape.

XCode doesn't log any errors, it just displays the info that it opens the consent ad :

2019-09-11 14:01:13.475985+0300 transportsim19[10539:1429617] I/UnityAds: +[UnityAds show:placementId:] (line:49) :: Unity Ads opening new ad unit for placement video
    2019-09-11 14:01:13.493589+0300 transportsim19[10539:1429617] I/UnityAds: +[USRVApiSdk WebViewExposed_logInfo:callback:] (line:67) :: Opening Consent ad with orientation NONE
    Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Tools used: Unity 2019.2.3.f1, Unity Monetization 3.2.0 (ads in test mode), XCode 11 (beta 6), Iphone 8Plus, IOS 13.1 (beta 3)

Hopefully someone can help,
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    PicusB likes this.
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Jbs_GameZone

Thanks for reporting this. I have escalated this to the Ads SDK team to make sure this gets addressed before iOS 13 is released.

LukWol likes this.
  3. Jbs_GameZone

Jbs_GameZone

Thank you for the feedback.

As a temporary workaround I've enabled all orientations from unity and later on restricted to landscape from XCode, in this way everything seems fine.

Nonetheless I'm looking fwd for the fix so that I can perform all these setups only from Unity and use XCode purely for deployment.

belindadiesslin and PicusB like this.
  4. AakashDP

AakashDP

@ap-unity is there any update for this issue? I experienced this today on the official iOS 13.1.

LukWol likes this.
  5. LukWol

LukWol

@ap-unity we are having the same issue. Is there any update on the fix? What is the predicted timeline to address this problem? At this point it completely blocks our team.

AakashDP likes this.
  6. AGulev

AGulev

I have the same issue even with latest Unity Ads 3.3.0 (released today)

Also, onUnityBannerShow doesn't work in the new version

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Thanitsak

Thanitsak

My doesn't work properly with rewarded video ads like when the video shows up, it should fill the whole screen, but on iOS 13 it just pop up rewarded video ads as a new window just like you open new tab in safari. With this weird behavior I still can see my game a bit on top of the phone and sometimes I can even drag it down even though it not done yet. My game is in portrait mode. Very weird that the version I published before run fine on iOS 13, but my working on right now isn't work properly as I build from Xcode to my phone.

8. bug5532

bug5532

Also having the same issue. @ap-unity Any idea when a fix will be available?

9. fortunacus

fortunacus

I face the same issue with interstitial ads, cannot full screen anymore

10. bug5532

bug5532

Hi @Jbs_GameZone , Where did you set the device oriantation in XCode? When I allow all in Unity then remove Portrait and Upside Down from Deployment Info in XCode it still allows autorotation to Portrait once installed. Is there somewhere else you set this?

11. manel_besoccer

manel_besoccer

Same here, and our game is locked to portrait orientation.

12. Jbs_GameZone

Jbs_GameZone

I've restricted it from Xcode > DeploymentInfo > DeviceOrientation.
    What Xcode are you using, on what device are you testing with what IOS version ?

stefanob likes this.
  13. stefanob

stefanob

Thanks JBS! This issue was driving me crazy already...
    Edit: no doesn't work, Portrait is still possible on the device
    Edit: I had to limit it to "Landscape Left" in Unity (which becomes "Landscape Right" in xcode for some reason). That seems to fix it for now.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    belindadiesslin likes this.
  14. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I also have this problem!

15. bug5532

bug5532

I've just updated to the latest but haven't tried it again. I ended up righting some code to lock out portrait when the first scene loaded. Means you can load the splash screen in portrait but that seems to be the only negative.

16. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@all,

The engineering team has been able to find a cause for this issue and we will deploy a fix on our end very soon, likely later today. This should not require any update to your apps or Ads SDK.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

17. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Jbs_GameZone likes this.
  18. emilkj

emilkj

We had this issue on our builds, but can confirm this is fixed now on new builds :)
    @ap-unity does this require us to push out a new build, or is it fixed across the network for already live builds?

Edit: Never mind - confirmed this also fixed it for already live builds on the App Store. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.